JoeystegDA

Hello Everyone. Here is a How to on replacing Struts and spring
Tools/ Items needed
Torque Wrench
Socket Set
Spring Compressor
Vise Grips
New Struts/ Springs

First of course is pulling the ebrake, raising your car and removing your wheels. I used Jackstands but they are optional.

Second is to remove the 12mm holding the brake line and move the brake line aside

NOw go up and loosen but do not remove the 14mm bolt on the top hat. (Slightly loosen the bolt dont over do it.)

Also Loosen but do not remove the two 14mm bolts holding the strut assembly at the top

Now loosen but do not remove the 14mm bolt at the bottom behind the strut. Shown in the pic below

Place a jack or something under the arm to support it so it doesnt fall and damage something. NOw remove the 17mm bolt at the very bottom of the strut. There is a nut on the other side of this bolt so grab a wrench to hold it while you unbolt it.

NOw go back up and fully remove the 2 14mm bolts holding the strut assembly at the top and now pull the strut. And you should have this or your stock oem assembly of course

NOw Take out your spring compressor, attach and remove the 14 mm bolt at the top hat.

Now start removing and setting aside the washers, top hat, rubber, and spring. Remember the order that they were in for reassembly.

Reassembly is in reverse... And now reassemble your new struts and springs!!!

Your Finished project should look something like this

Enjoy Club CI.... Ohh yeah Im not responsible for anyone damaging their car or messing anything of theirs up!!! Try this at your own risk
Joe

Last edited:

cted

My Chevrolet be bangin'
hmmm i did multiple times only 4 are showing up

WDEDMON1

Agreed. Not many pics here either. Mine should be super easy since I got lowering srpings on it too. I might get some new ones tho. Thanks for the info man

01FTW

Fucking easiest job to do... unless you live in a state that gets snow then those bolts are a bitch...

Vital_Idol

anyone have the pictures for this thread? Going to be doing this myself, would really like to see some of it before i get into it myself.
Pictures show as having been moved or deleted.