Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Notices

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

bad motor mounts?

3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Old 12-02-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Colton870

Default bad motor mounts?

My engine clunks and the car lurches forward when I take my foot off the pedal at slow speeds and it does the same thing when I push the pedal in even slightly. Do you think my mounts are bad or is this normal for a manual trans car?
Colton870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
JGvtec

Send a message via AIM to JGvtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton870 View Post
My engine clunks and the car lurches forward when I take my foot off the pedal at slow speeds and it does the same thing when I push the pedal in even slightly. Do you think my mounts are bad or is this normal for a manual trans car?
Did you just start driving a manual trans car? If your at a higher speed in lets say second and let off you will feel the car slow down, but i don't know about lurching forward like that. Clunking and engine lurching forward sounds like your having trouble getting out of 1st
Christian Integra Squad Member #3
I Support qsrace.com
Wash>Clay>Swirl Remover>Finishing Polish>Wax/Sealant
Have any questions about detailing your car? Feel free to PM me. Here ---------> PM
>>EJ8 Progress Thread<<

F&F TYPE1 Specials 550 Shipped!-------> HERE Only At qsrace.com

JGvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
sumfilipinodude

Yeah, sounds like your rear motor mount is bad. If you're driving and release your foot from the gas, you should feel the car kinda kick back a little. Your engine is flexing and you should replace it. What kind of car do you drive?

True Life:
I drive a Honda.
sumfilipinodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #4
mjones73

Mine does the same thing in 1st, I park in a garage daily and there's a bunch of speed bumps in it, so there's times when I don't get enough speed to warrant shifting out of 1st, I have to ease off the gas or I feel the motor buck and the shift linkage rock with it in my hand. I'm guessing I'm due for some new mounts too. From what I can tell none of them are torn, just guessing old age is getting to them. I was thinking about adding the energy suspension kit to stiffen them up.
mjones73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
mirrorimg

It may very well be the mounts.

Does it in my car too, more so when the car is first started up. I just feather the clutch and throttle to negate it.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:01 AM   #6
B18_?

Yea its the mounts I looked at mine nd thought the same but wen I upgraded to new steel mounts I sat that the back one was completely torn off but since it sits in its original position it looked as if it wasn't torn...I suggest change nd upgrade while your at it instead of energy inserts..but that's just me
B18_? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:41 AM   #7
72Spitfire

When choosing motor mounts....remember stiffer means more vibration. I went from OEM to a Polyurethane set and my car vibrates like crazy now. I spend everyday fixing some new rattle inside a door, or dash, or etc. I would stick with OEM unless your running a hot engine with lotsa HP.
72Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote