heater not working 98 LS

onezaner123

So i bought my lil bros 1998 Integra LS and throughout the summer i have had to do quite a bit of work to it.
set the timing, fix wiring here and there, a bit of body work, and suspension work well the list goes on......

I really just plan on commuting in this thing. I love riding my Honda CBR 600 so I figured a Honda/Acura car wouldn't be a bad investment especially for $500 . i have one issue that I'm trying to troubleshoot.

The heater doesn't work.

I checked all the fuses they look good, the thermostat and temp gauge work just fine and so does the blower motor.

but still no heat it blows cold air car only has 140,000 miles on it so I'm not thinking the heater core is out on it ?
and my bro said the heater worked fine before he parked it for a year. any suggestions?

appreciate it..

Last edited:

mjones73

The heat temp is controlled by a valve on the firewall behind the motor, check to see if when you move the temp control in the car, it's actually moving the lever on the valve also.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
check the coolant level. if the lever works, and the heat doesnt I'd guess that has something to do with it

onezaner123

resolve

took her for the first test run around the block and after 15 minutes or so i popped the hood and i found the issue ..

the thermostat housing was not tightened down all the way. the bottom 10mm bolt was half ass-ed on their
causing me to loose coolant gradually but not enough to cause it to over heat. anywho i'll look things over a bit more thoroughly next time when i inspect stuff . honestly this car has needed one of everything. but hey i knew that before i bought it off my brother lol...

geezzz easy fix tho...

ty gentlemen