TheNailGuy's build thread!

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Thanks man! And didn't know about that tune. Should I look into a new ecu before getting the tune?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i would get a OBD1 p28 or p72 and a jumper and tune it. I have a p73 ecu but you dont have enough compression to use it correctly. The Type R ecu has vtec engagement at 6000 as thats where the cam makes power, and it revs to 8500. If anything a local tuner should be able to burn a chip based on other customer's cars

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
i would get a OBD1 p28 or p72 and a jumper and tune it. I have a p73 ecu but you dont have enough compression to use it correctly. The Type R ecu has vtec engagement at 6000 as thats where the cam makes power, and it revs to 8500. If anything a local tuner should be able to burn a chip based on other customer's cars
Ok ill look into those. Does this mean I have to get new gauge clusters?

Oh and is this the right ecu? http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=280601232388&cmd=VIDESC&title=Description&index=11&nav=SEARCH&nid=09631960836

What's a jumper?

Last edited:

Cripton805

Oh and is this the right ecu? http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=280601232388&cmd=VIDESC&title=Description&index=11&nav=SEARCH&nid=09631960836

What's a jumper?
No new cluster :)
You should get I/H/E for the tune... might as well.

For the header I recommend 4-1 TypeR for the high end power. Our Vtec engines spend most of the time up there. The only time were at low end is on the street or the start of a race lol

Also, get a short ram, not a CAI... CAI is more for low end rather than high end. Short ram is high end power and is a good combo with the 4-1 header.

You will notice considerably more high end power after all of this... wont be bad at all

Last edited:

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Wow just got an estimate from a tuning shop here.
Adapter and harness 100
computer 150
Fine neptune 250
fee for software 100
And the tune is 350

Gooood lawd! So these itr cams I bought for 100 is gonna end up being close to 700 bucks lol

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
No new cluster :)
You should get I/H/E for the tune... might as well.

For the header I recommend 4-1 TypeR for the high end power. Our Vtec engines spend most of the time up there. The only time were at low end is on the street or the start of a race lol
Ya your right lol get it all dome in 1 shot. How long do u think I can go without a tune. I think its been anout a month sin e the cams.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

What's a jumper?
a jumper alllows you to use a OBD1 ecu with a OBD2 car, you can reuse your cluster. and no external gauges are needed.

Wow just got an estimate from a tuning shop here.
Adapter and harness 100
computer 150
Fine neptune 250
fee for software 100
And the tune is 350

Gooood lawd! So these itr cams I bought for 100 is gonna end up being close to 700 bucks lol
the harness should run $75 ish from an online sources
the ecu should cost $100 chipping should be $75 ish and you just need a basemap based on other customer's cars

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
a jumper alllows you to use a OBD1 ecu with a OBD2 car, you can reuse your cluster. and no external gauges are needed.

the harness should run $75 ish from an online sources
the ecu should cost $100 chipping should be $75 ish and you just need a basemap based on other customer's cars
Blehh I think ill just take it to that shop and just let them do it all for me lol. I tried to seatch for thrm and still keep looking. I just don't know what the heck I'm looking at lol. I guess this is how I learn.

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Ohh ok I see! Damn I'm a retard. Lol ok so I guess my new project will be to get this baby tuned + some bolt ons. How lomg do u think I can without the tune?