DIY: Fix sagging Wink mirror

mohawk42s

I hear about a lot of yall having problems with your wink mirror sagging in the middle...

I had that problem over the summer and before it starts getting hot again i wanna let yall know how i fixed mine:thumbs up

Materials needed:
Gorilla Glue
1/4 wide flat piece of metal(i got mine at lowes in the metal dowel section for a few bucks)
hammer
vice
two straight wood boards
several big C clamps
measuring tape

1) Take the mirror off the car and leave it in the sun for several hours

2) Get two boards and several clamps and run them along the sides while the plastic is still warm

3) Measure the length of he mirror and curl the ends of the metal piece to wrap the sides of the mirror

4) Glue and clamp the metal piece on the mirror on the top or bottom(this does not matter which you choose, it will work either way)

5) Reinstall mirror

6) Relax

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Nice DIY. I just ran a ziptie around the center and up through the holes where the old mirror used to be, it keeps the middle supported. I like yours more though :thumbs up

Prozon

Kris
And Jordan followed through. Added to the DIY list. :)

sumfilipinodude

Lol that's so ironic, I tried fixing my wink mirror with a heat gun literally two seconds before I saw this post. Couldn't fix it though.. lol

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I had, but I went and Googled and got my answer. But you have to get up pretty early in the morning to be faster than my little G3GirL. and I didn't get out of bed until 11AM today.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
I had, but I went and Googled and got my answer. But you have to get up pretty early in the morning to be faster than my little G3GirL. and I didn't get out of bed until 11AM today.
haha i feel like i have to start quoting you from now on.

/stealing OP's thread.