Vtec Solenoid Gasket? Identify

Cripton805

Are the one that bolt on to the block and this one both called Vtec solenoid gaskets?
Or does this one have a specific name? :???:
Also, can I only get this at the dealer or can I just get it at Autozone?
I need it now, I'd rather get it at the dealer, but I know the dealer usually has to order everything.

Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TOP VIEW OF THE 3 BOLTS THAT HOLD THE GASKET DOWN

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

i think you are talking about #14
thats the 36172-P08-015 solenoid base gasket
the main vtec gasket is 15825-P08-005 Filter assy spool valve

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
thats correct. dealer should have it in stock, its a common piece lots of folks buy.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
They are cheap too. Heres what you do, goto www.hondaautomotiveparts.com search 99 Civic SI. Find the vtec solenoid gaskets (they are all the same), then have your local dealership price match the online price. hondaautomotiveparts.com is an actual dealership so your local one will price match. I did this with every gasket and bolt I bought from Honda.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=1999&catcgry3=2DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=CYLINDER+HEAD+(DOHC+VTEC)

36172-P08-015 014 GASKET, SOLENOID BASE $5.19, the list price at dealerships is usually $7.42
15825-P08-005 012 FILTER ASSY., SPOOL VALVE $12.52, the list price at dealership is usually $17.88

So you'll save $7.59 off list price buy doing it this way, just a heads up in case you ever have to buy parts from the dealership again.

Last edited:

Cripton805

Thanks guys!

Ill ask for the torque spec at the dealer haha

I didnt notice that it was leaking. I was hella low on oil :shock:
The light didnt light up on the dash, but i hope i didnt fuk anything up. I usually check my bay at least once a week. This time ironically the gasket went bad since i was just waiting for my timing belt kit

Cripton805

Heres something strange for u guys.... i guess theres two different kinds. They need my engine number.

Cripton805

:roll:
They are cheap too. Heres what you do, goto www.hondaautomotiveparts.com search 99 Civic SI. Find the vtec solenoid gaskets (they are all the same), then have your local dealership price match the online price. hondaautomotiveparts.com is an actual dealership so your local one will price match. I did this with every gasket and bolt I bought from Honda.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=1999&catcgry3=2DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=CYLINDER+HEAD+(DOHC+VTEC)

36172-P08-015 014 GASKET, SOLENOID BASE $5.19, the list price at dealerships is usually $7.42
15825-P08-005 012 FILTER ASSY., SPOOL VALVE $12.52, the list price at dealership is usually $17.88

So you'll save $7.59 off list price buy doing it this way, just a heads up in case you ever have to buy parts from the dealership again.
I just went to the dealer and he said they are different :roll:
I doubt it. I think they are the same too. The strange thing is that he asked for my engine number.
I think he just wanted to make sure I didn't have a swap, but cmon.
Maybe the D, H, etc... are different.
I would think that all B series Vtec would be the same.
Unless he though I was non Vtec hahaha

Cripton805

They didn't have the item in stock. I ordered it. It will only be one day, so it won't be too bad.

I guess I'll have to drive the PT Cruiser for a day =(
Those cars suck ballsss. I'm surprised it can go past 65 (non-turbo)

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Dealership parts guys are dumbfucks for the most part, there is rare instances when they know what they are talking about. I can't tell you how many times I have fought with the head of my local Honda dealership's parts department. "This b16 valve cover gasket wont fit on an acura integra gsr"...oh really? I have bought damn near every gasket for my GSR from Honda because closest Acura to me is almost 45mins away, you start learning what parts cross over. I bet if you were to look up the part number for the GSR's vtec solenoid gasket you'll find they are the same part number, same with SOHC's

Cripton805

Dealership parts guys are dumbfucks for the most part, there is rare instances when they know what they are talking about. I can't tell you how many times I have fought with the head of my local Honda dealership's parts department. "This b16 valve cover gasket wont fit on an acura integra gsr"...oh really? I have bought damn near every gasket for my GSR from Honda because closest Acura to me is almost 45mins away, you start learning what parts cross over. I bet if you were to look up the part number for the GSR's vtec solenoid gasket you'll find they are the same part number, same with SOHC's
Hahaha I was thinking the same thing too for the Vtec B series VC. I wondered what they would say

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
BTW part number for B16 vtec solenoid gasket is: 15825-P08-005

d16z6 is: 15825-P08-005

Same part number lol, but they would argue that they are different parts

HondaDNA

The top gasket(#14 solenoid base gasket) is the same for ever VTEC spool valve **EXPECT** the 3 stage valves.