How to stop annoying rear view mirror buzzing/vibration

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
So if you have a vibrating noise coming from your rearview mirror and can't get rid of it, that's how I was until I finally did this and fixed it!

What you will need:
1. Screwdriver and a flat tip screwdriver
2. Some kind of cushion/padding.
3. Scissors

Now lets get to work!
Get your flat tip screwdriver and wedge in here, between the plastic cap and the black painted metal. Do not put it up too far or you will damage the headliner as you can see I did. Once you have the screwdriver there, wedge the cap off.

This is what you will have when you take the cap off. Now remove the 3 screws to take off the mirror.

After you do that, you will be left with this.

Now remove these 2 hanger clips for the sun visor so that you can pull down the headliner. To remove, take out the screw that is securing it in place and then pull down with some force as it is in there pretty tight.

You can also remove 1 or both of the sun visors so that it is easier to pull down the headliner. Remove the 2screws holding it in place.

Now cut about 3/4inch worth of rubber or whatever you are using as a shock absorber.

Pull down the headliner and slide it in. You want it to be in the middle of the 3 screws.

You can see at the top screw a little bit of the black strip I used, that's right around where you want it. Closest to middle will work best. Put the mirror back up and tighten down those screws but not too tight or the shock absorber wont do its job. Good luck and message me with any questions or concerns you may have. Thanks for reading!
I don't get any money from this site but I would appreciate your donation! Donate
- Aaron

Last edited:

BeatBox

Real Good!
i just took mine off when i did my head liner, looks like it would def work tho :)
love that kind of tape, i need it to put around the rear glass on my jimmy to stop the squeaking