My '92 Integra GS-R (DB2) From Purchase to Today

red.line

Hey all, figured I'd reintroduce myself and my DB2!
I'm Brandon from Edmonton, Alberta, I've been on the forums for a couple years now and with spring around the corner, I figured I should make something of a "build" thread.
I purchased my Aztec Green Pearl GS-R back in May of '09 for $2750 to replace my 1990 240SX..came with 2 sets of tires (winter and summer), a 4.5" fart cannon (stock otherwise), Honda rust and had 225,xxx kms at the time.
I promptly swapped out the JVC G220 deck that came with the car with my JVC G730 out of my 240, and left the JBL speakers untouched as they were suitable, for the time being.

Here's a few pics from the day after I brought her home:

I didn't start driving her until September of the same year due to being a poor high school student, but before I could do that, I noticed after one of my unlawful joyrides around my neighbourhood that my radiator was leaking coolant from the notorious plastic end tanks, and thus I was forced to do my first mod.
So out with the old, stock rad and in with a Mishimoto aluminum unit, complete with aluminum rad stays and blue silicone hoses.
With the car now driveable and my Compustar 2-way alarm/remote starter from the 240 now in the Teg, I was good to go.

And so I drove her like that through the better part of a year..she handled our cold Canadian winter like a trooper (didn't get stuck in the snow once!) and was just a joy to drive.

But once summer of 2010 rolled around, I knew I couldn't keep her stock any longer.
The first order of business was to rid myself of the unsightly 4x4 ride height (and unnerving body roll) with a set of Function and Form Type I coilovers.

Shortly after that, an AEM cold air intake found its way under the hood and a skunk2 MegaPower 60mm catback exhaust replaced the now scraped up stock system (oh the joys of being low on our s***ty roads here in Edmonton.)

Apart from having my passenger side mirror break, scoring an OEM sunroof visor for 10 bucks at the wreckers, playing around with the ride height and rocking my friend's SiR wheels for the remainder of the year, that was it for mods last year and this is how she looked:

I parked her last December for winter after picking up a '92 RS (also Aztec Green) for a winter beater for 600 bucks (after having sold my intended winter beater [ED7] to my cousin.)

Since then, I've done little things here and there..swapped the dented and rusted passenger fender with the minty one from my DA9 (and people made fun of me for having two of the same car, the same colour..HA!) and installed a black passenger side mirror onto the green base (until I can find another green one locally.)
I also picked up a set of like new Rota Track R's (white face/polished lip, 15x7, +40) with 195/50R15 Toyo Extensa HP tires, to hold me over until I can afford the real deal Sprint Hart CP-R's.
(And to all the fake wheel haters, I bought the wheels with the stickers already on them and I don't want to damage the finish trying to remove them, I'm not trying to "fake" anything.)

And of course..I've spent countless hours dreaming, and planning the mod list for 2011.
I've tried to keep it modest and realistic (as I am going to school until June), so here's a listed of completed and future mods, both to help me keep track, and for those who are interested in my broke status build!

Under the Hood:
Mishimoto aluminum radiator and rad stays [Installed]
Mishimoto blue silicone hoses [Installed]
AEM cold air intake [Installed]
S2 MegaPower 60mm catback exhaust [Installed]
Mishimoto aluminum fan shroud
DC Sports 4-2-1 ceramic header
Blox/BWR adjustable 2.25" test pipe
White powdercoated JDM valve cover [Installed]
Spoon carbon kevlar spark plug wire cover [Installed]
S2 billet oil cap

Suspension:
F2 Type I coilovers [Installed]
S2 front and rear camber kits
S2 LCA's
S2 lower arm bar
Vision Technica front and rear strut bars [Installed]

Wheels, Tires & Brakes:
Rota Track R (15x7, +40, white with polished lip) [Not Yet Installed]
Toyo Extensa HP (195/50R15) [Not Yet Installed]
Blackwords Racing blue forged lugnuts
Brembo blank rotors
Hawk HP pads
Goodridge stainless steel lines

Exterior:
OEM Acura sunroof visor [Installed]
OEM 92-93 front lip
Benen blue front and rear tow hooks
Moar stickers for MOAR power (+5hp each)

Interior:
Personal Grinta 350mm steering wheel (black w/ red stitching) [Not Yet Installed]
NRG short hub
NRG quick release
S2 short shifter
S2 shift knob
PW:JDM Type R style shift boot
PW:JDM shifter bushing kit
270mm convex Broadway mirror/5 panel Wink mirror

Electronics:
Compustar 2-way alarm/remote starter [Installed]
JVC G730 headunit [Installed]
JBL Power Series 6 1/2" loudspeakers front and rear

Thanks for reading, all comments are welcome and appreciated! :D

Last edited:

DarkDB1

I see two pretty bad rust spots, Your area is not kind to cars... Nice start though

92gsrboy

nice man...you have the same rust as me on the passenger side rear quarter(which im sure most do)def looks good overall though

red.line

Looks good.
Looks super clean with the si rims. :thumbs up
Thanks!
I see two pretty bad rust spots, Your area is not kind to cars... Nice start though
Yeah, it was regularly driven in the winter before, so it's got some typical Honda cancer from the salt on our roads..but it could always be much worse and I intend on having it properly repaired eventually. ;)
Looks good.

Why not grab a shiftboot from me?

Your new stance looks MUCH better
I order all of my parts from a Canadian distributor (Image In Motion) so I can avoid paying brokerage and what not haha..I'm building on a budget, gotta save some dough somehow! :p
Plus a good friend of mine hooked me up with them and they've been great to me in the past.

I know the stance was pretty bad before but when I first put my coils in, I just wanted to get it on the road and fiddle with it later haha.
I hope guiltyspark sees this so he can see my ass end was as dumped as his is on his DB2 haha. :lol:
it has a nice stance with the SI rims
Thanks! I really liked the Si rims and I was going to buy them from my friend but the Track R's came along at an awesome price and they were (the replicas of) exactly what I wanted so I couldn't pass them up!
nice man...you have the same rust as me on the passenger side rear quarter(which im sure most do)def looks good overall though
Thanks!

Appreciate all the kind words everyone! :)

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
you sir have my dream da color, and not just one BUT two! :lol: I want aztec da sooo bad! I would love to see an optional kit on that color but they are so damn expensive! and not to mention rare. are the stickers on the wheel on the outside of the clear coat? if they are easy fix and wont mess up paint of the rim.

red.line

you sir have my dream da color, and not just one BUT two! :lol: I want aztec da sooo bad! I would love to see an optional kit on that color but they are so damn expensive! and not to mention rare. are the stickers on the wheel on the outside of the clear coat? if they are easy fix and wont mess up paint of the rim.
I honestly was unsure of the colour when I first bought it but now, I love it. And I'd love to have the optional kit on her but you're right, very hard to find and very expensive, and with our roads it would get destroyed. :(
As for the wheels, I wouldn't think they'd be under the clearcoat, but I've tried removing them once and I wasn't successful so I think I'll just leave them for the time being.
Very clean da bro, lovin' the color
Thanks man! :)