Teggykid Log

Teggykid952

OK, I finally got around to it but here it is! Welcome to Teggykid952's Running Log!

Well here's my story, I got this car in November of 2008 as kind of a birthday present even though my birthday was on Oct. 21st. My dad used to work at CKR (got a new job) and the guy came in with the car saying that he wanted to get his new alarm installed because he still had a warranty on his old one. Well he ended up asking my dad if he wanted to buy the car so my dad traded him 2 subs from another guys car (he didnt want them since he got new ones installed) and a free amp my dad got plus installation of these items in his other car for it. So after all was said and done I have a 1992 Integra GS 4-Door with 181,xxx and an alarm with a warranty. Well since we had the warranty on the alarm we decided to go ahead and order the new one. It is a Prestige alarm with automatic start, I don't know the full details but it is a "top dollar" alarm system. Well first thing we did was... of course tear the car down! Well... not completely. We took out carpet, seats (btw the car had no back seat), all panels except door and dash (pics). We proceeded in giving the panels a good wash and cleaning the carpet as best we could with cleaner and a pressure washer (no pics of this, sorry!). Next, while being kept at dad's work, he sanded as much the paint off as he could to get ready for the next step. Next my dad took her to a friends shop... for a nice coat of paint. Now please understand, this is a one-man shop that can hold up to about 12 cars (probably more). My dad told him we would come help him to get it done faster which we have been doing for the past month or 2. I have sold my dirt bike for money for wheels and tires (if you are wondering, my dad covered the cost for paint and body work and other various things that are too much for me to get right now). So after all that here we are! I will update this as soon as anything new happens! But since I am 15 with no job to pay for upgrades, progress is going to be painfully slow. But stay tuned if you please, i might have questions i need answered. Thanks!

Modifications

Engine
-No Name CAI
-XS Power Intake Manifold
-STR 64mm Throttle Body
-Throttle Body Spacer
-DC Sport 4-2-1 Header (coated)
-Hi-Flow Cat (not sure what it is)
-Ebay Muffler (actually sounds good)
-Possibly More...

Suspension
-Skunk2 Lowering Springs
-Bomz Strut Bars (front and rear)
-Unkown Aftermarket Shocks
-Possibly More...

Audio
-3 Amps (P200-2 and 2 P500-2)
-2 6.5" Speakers (T162C)
-T162S set (2 6.5", 2 tweeters, 2 crossovers)
-1 12" P3D212 sub

Wheels
-16x7 Drag DR-31's in Bronze

Coming Next
-Back Seat
-1 Piece Headlights
-Tail Lights
-Skunk2 Coilovers
-Steering Wheel
-Carpet Kit
-And More...

SO HERE ARE ALL THE PICS I HAVE

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Welcome to the club :) Another audio-head, we like those lol :) Keep us updated! I wanna see this installed!

Teggykid952

BEST UPDATE YET!

FINALLY GOT MY WHEELS! YES! I highly recommend Discount Tire Direct, with great customer service and FREE SHIPPING how can you beat that? shipped to me in 5 business days even wit the weird order. Great company! 5 stars from me.

PICS

Teggykid952

UPDATE

Well today we finally went to Steve's shop and starting working on all the pieces. He had already taken off the doors, trunk lid, and hood. The car is in the other building and he was supposed to come by with that key but he didn't, maybe tomorrow. Anyways, so far we have taken out the windows, seals (i guess that what you call it, rubber thing that keeps environment out), door panels, door handles (inside and out), and side view mirrors (since I'm pretty sure none of the 2 gen's came with the foldable ones, that means i have the JDM ones! yes!). BTW I don't know if i mentioned this but i have power windows and door locks along with power mirrors. While I was enduring the task of disassembling doors my dad started sanding the hood and I think the trunk was already sanded. Right now we are just doing a "basic" sanding, no door jams and tight little corners yet. That's basically all we did today for 6 hours [:eek:] . Hard work that stuff is. And we found a cool little surprise in Steve's shop. A 2010 Camaro that is getting some sick flames airbrushed down the side of it! That car is sooo bad! Sorry but I didn't take any pictures today.... nah, I'm kidding, here they are!

Teggykid952

UPDATE

So we went to Steve's today and worked on the doors some more. Some more news, i have to get a new front bumper, new hood, and new rear bumper. sucks, but at least the rear bumper isn't completely necessary right now, but it would make more sense to get it now and paint it instead of painting the old one then have to paint the new one. Anyways, we sanded down all the door jams and went and looked at the rest of the car, some aftermarket parts look questionable, as in not name brand, but nothing i can do about that. Only pic i didn't get a pic of was the fuel rail which is also aftermarket. Some cool cars in the shop. I think I'm going to trade my Teg for the Impala. Here's the pics!

Teggykid952

UPDATE

Ordered the front bumper, rear bumper, and hood. they are supposed to be delivered to Steve's shop tomorrow. my dad has the day off so he's heading up there. since they are already primed they just need to be blocked a bit and they are good to go for paint! total, from what my dad mentioned, was somewhere around $600-$650. more money gone, but it was necessary if i wanted the car home anytime soon. dad'll probably take some pics tomorrow, motor should be coming out in the next couple weeks or so! gotta find that dang leak first!

Teggykid952

UPDATE

We went and worked on the car this past sunday. We kinda finished sanding the door jams on the driver side along with the quarter panel, took off the door seals/things and the little silver things that hold them on. We also cranked the car up too, after running a compression test (when i got home i looked it up and we didnt do it right, forgot to hit the gas, LOL. we have never done one before) and spending $80 on Bosch spark plug wires and NGK spark plugs and stole a battery out of steve's s10. found the oil leak, its by the oil pan (we think its the gasket) in the front because smoke was coming up where it was leaking on the down pipe and burning. what else? the exhaust actually sounds pretty good!. i know what the ricers sound like but this actually has a nice, deep tone and doesnt get raspy as you go to the higher rpms. it actually looses the deep tone and gets almost quieter. we took a video of it on my dads cell but on there it does sound like ricer, lol. anyways, thats about it, we didn't really get much done, only a couple cell pics since we forgot the camera and its nothing new except some sanding on the side, ill port them when my dad gets home with his micro sd card.

Teggykid952

well it turns out i had a couple more pics, you can see the new wires (they are red) and what i looks like now. cell pics! yes! ha, no.

Teggykid952

UPDATE

went and worked on the car a little more today, i think we did the compression test wrong again are you supposed to leave the other spark plugs in? if not, i have a problem. because when we did it, it would go up to like 175-180 but loose the pressure really fast, which is why i think all of them are supposed to stay in? anyways we didnt get much done because it was raining so we couldnt move the car to the other building (we only put it outside and ran the hose outside because there is no room in the shop itself) so we had no compressor, we have a portable one but there is no power in the building its in. added on top of that i got sick in the past 2 days and im really tired and lightheaded so trying to sand by hand made it to where i had to sit down and rest. but enough of that, dad sanded a little of the passenger side top part above the door and i started on the rear passenger door jam (no pics, not really a noticeable difference). took the headlights out and rear bumper. anyone know what goes in front of the valve seal on the left side of the motor towards the front? i dont have a pic but i know on the 3rd gen tegs there is something in front of it, idk. also RedLine replied back to me on the seats and tails, he got the payment and he's been really busy, but they should get shipped next week i think is what he said, maybe this week. i just feel better that he replied, cause i was starting to get worried . ill have to put the pics later because i used new SD card, the SD HC cards, and my card reader, nor my camera will pick up the photos (i used a different cam but i only have chord to the computer for this one), and my dad has the laptop which is the only way to get the pics off because it had the sd card slot built in. but they aren't anything new so your not missing out to much, hahaha

Teggykid952

ok, some updates.

UPDATES

Not really a whole bunch of stuff done to the car recently. Bought a leak down tester and was having trouble figuring out how to use it when we asked the mechanic next door and he messed with it and showed us that is was not working correctly (darn you Harbor Freight) but we did a compression test (with his tester this time and him doing it) and with new rings it should be about 150-160 across :down::down::down: . we might get the top end rebuilt or just put new rings and run it how it is for as long as possible. But for now its just gonna have to work. Aside from all the bad news, here some good news! my 2 front seats and tail lights came in today, the back seat should be coming tomorrow. The only thing is one of the little plastic pieces was broke in the shipping process. I cant put pics up yet because i have no AA batteries in my house AT ALL. So pics when i get some, haha. Like i said the other 2 packages should be here tomorrow and i think my steering wheel too. Its all starting to come together, next on the list are new headliner and a carpet kit! :cross:

Teggykid952

I LIED

i managed to find some batteries hiding in the top of a cabinet, heres the pics!

im missing the handle cover for the passenger seat to slide the chair back, anyone know where i can get one? might just get the broke piece and that from the pull-a-part junkyard. also, is that seat adjust thing normal? ive just never seen it before, just wondering

Teggykid952

SOME MORE UPDATES

well i spent all afternoon in my garage waiting on my packages, and nothing showed up. Then Charles (works with Fedex, mom used to work with him, my house is on his route) called my dad and said he put them on the back porch, haha. but all the pieces are here. What i got in the past 2 days - front seats, back seat, side pieces for back seat, steering wheel, trunk carpet pieces. pretty good 2 days if you ask me. the color of the seats are a charcoal greyish color? what colors did the interiors come in because the front looks grey/black but has blue lines in the middle pieces? i dont know, but i dont car either, they look x100 better that the seats in there. here's some pics.

Teggykid952

great news! we finally found a donor car for the panel so Steve should be picking it up tomorrow. it's been pretty cold lately so he's gotten behind on his other projects but he said he is going to get mine done as quick as he can. the car also has tons of interior and other parts that we can take out if I'm missing any. should have the paint done in less than a month if all goes as planned, but you see how that's turned out so far!