GUYS ONLY ~ Can you be friends w/ a girl w/o any sexual interest?

Axel Burner

yes its possible to have girl friends just staying friends. honestly tho, those friends would have made great companions but i lost my chance one day. she only told me after she had a kid and was dating another guy... then had 2 other bfs after that and finally getting married and sought me out to go see her out in dover while im in houston... i aint bitter... ahem.

MOVING ON! lmao. no shes a great friend n ill miss her. germany now. and my oldest friend of about 20 years this year, is my longest crush. love her to death. but i love being the one friend who she can honestly depend on. nothing will happen between us but i could care less. shes an awesome friend. i can go to her for anything.

now, imo the only legit reason he has for gettin jealous is if you've been neglecting him. i learned my lesson bein jealous long ago. it goes nowhere. if anything, invite him in the conversations. if he can be your friend, why cant he be your bfs either. itd make me comfortable to know you dont mind that. if yall are young and your his first girl, there could be other reasons for his insecurity. ive seen it all and ive been in between it all.

back in high school i was known for a lot of things. the guy who played guitar, the guy who burned cds, the guy who drew nice pics, and also as the young BETTER LOOKING dr phil. lmao.

im dealin with my own drama right now with an ex. :/ like my friend says, they're ex's for a reason. i just didnt listen. ha!

Axel Burner

See I don't have to worry about that "possibility" because my friend lives in California & I'm in GA...And when I go to visit my boyfriend is coming w/ me...So we will see what happens...

What I have gathered from you all is about 90% of you disagree, that you cannot be friends with no sexual attraction (unless they are ugly, in which case you prob wouldn't be friends LOL) and then 10% of you agree that it is possible...I'm not liking these odds...I will keep my guard up just in case...
yes. please do keep your guard up. by having you visit only makes him believe that chances are more likely to escalate with you in person. i hope you havent mentioned anything like your bf being jealous or anything. if he sees that your having problems, he can see himself as a means of relieving you. so be careful. if you see him coming onto you, just flat out tell him ur just friends.

Prozon

Kris
Hey everyone! THIS IS FOR GUYS ONLY!

~ I am trying to prove a point, to my boyfriend...

Would you be able to be friends with a girl and not want to get in their pants? Or, is that all guys want...

Does it depend if she is pretty? Her personality? What is it?

Let me know! LOL This isn't a joke, I am completely serious & want your feedback!
I'm not really going to take the time to read through all of this, I just wanted to throw my opinion out there.

First off, your probably not going to change your boyfriends mind about it. I think it's a genetic trait in males or something. Your never going to get a good answer when asking a question like that, you will get the guys that say "Of course it's possible to be friends with a girl w/o sexual interest." But how many of the guys that use girls for sex are really going to chime in and say it? (Sorry if I missed the kids who DID say that..) And hell, half the time guys DO say stuff like that, they are pre-pubescent teenagers who will die a virgin. (Or who will die of some crazy STD.)

Yes- you CAN be friends with a female and not want sex. Maybe it's just me, but sex isn't really all that important. Now maybe your boyfriend is overreacting a little, I doubt your going to have sex with a guy that you talk to on the internet. (Then again, maybe you are, I don't know you.) All you can really do is be re-assuring to him and let him know that your not interested in anyone else.

To put it bluntly, it would be stupid to say that all guys everywhere only want to have sex with females.
Some do, some don't.

Edit:
I just read the last page. I stick by my prepubescent teenager theory though. Haha.

Last edited:

Axel Burner

Your boyfriend must get super jealous with all of us guys hitting on you.
i think everyone thinks its hot a girl talks car. gets my gears goin when a girl talks video games or paintball. lmao.

and yes, almost likely a girl has to be ugly to be considered attractive. an ugly girl can be a friend but gots to be cool.

im just reading all the responses. gets me laughing and thinking of what ive been goin thru. looks like im not alone in my own psycho girl misery. i been there with the "you cant talk to girls and i wont let you tell me who i can talk to." eventually she cheated on me. 2 years wasted. now shes back... after 3 years... ugh. shes gorgeous but idk if i can trust her again. i can never take my own advice. i just always thought she was just too damn gorgeous for me.

IlovemyDC4

Sleep, Sex, Cars
Thanks for your opinions.... I am def not neglecting my bf but have been less willing to cater to him 24/7 like I used to after I found out he was talking to 3 other girls behind my back, over AIM & text, but I am still here... I cook, clean, do his laundry, help him work on his car, wash her, pretty much everything I think a "wifey" should do... And he stabs me in the back! I don't understand men! I mean it's not like the sex isn't good! ~ he gets treated like a king & In return I get "cheated" on and then controlled and told who I can & cannot talk to? Wtf is up w/ that?

Matt Parsons

I was thinking about starting a "Girls only!" thread, but since it seems all of you are here anyway, might as well.

Why do girls stay with douchebag guys?

michaelz

Would you be able to be friends with a girl and not want to get in their pants? Or, is that all guys want...

Does it depend if she is pretty? Her personality? What is it?

Let me know! LOL This isn't a joke, I am completely serious & want your feedback!

I was gonna say "depends" like everyone else but here is the most simple and honest answer.

I'm going to sound like a horrible person but whether or not I can be friends with a girl and have no sexual interest depends mostly on how pretty she is. If she's a looker then at some stage I'd probably want to be more than friends. Of course personality would also come into play. Recently I was friends with a average looking girl (nice body though) who has a BF. I saw her as just a friend (nothing more) but I loved her personality and we got along great. Then she became a bit more aggressive in pursuing something more. The fact she was looking to cheat on her BF just made her seem more enticing so no more being friends.

My best drinking buddy for the past year has been a girl. I enjoyed the high level of conversation and her out going personality. She's a rather large girl and I had no other intentions at all other than to be friends. One night 6 months ago she got a little too drunk and literally threw herself on me. It caught me off guard and kinda freaked me out. We're still friends but haven't gone out drinking much. These days it's mainly just phone conversations.

Last edited:

IlovemyDC4

Sleep, Sex, Cars
I was thinking about starting a "Girls only!" thread, but since it seems all of you are here anyway, might as well.

For me, I stay with my boyfriend because we have been together for so long...I am willing to give him another chance & have faith that this time will be better and he will change...

AND if he doesn't, then I will leave him knowing i gave my ALL

Last edited:

whitedc4

lol last night when yo7u posted on his status we were fighting and oh i was trying to keep it civil because he'll post stuff on facebook sometimes and i'm like gahhhh shut up lol but yeah i just said something that i knew would sound retarded and it did lol

prophetDB7

I have no clue. The girl im trying to date still hangs out with her loser ex. I mean yeah, he's got a Lexus IS convertible, but no job, no motivation, and doesn't even treat her right. she has to drive to see him. She pays for their dates. The list goes on and on.. I only know all this because she complains about him constantly it gets annoying. If you hate him so much why you still driving off to see him in the middle of the night? damn...

Me on the other hand, I'm like the exact opposite. Me and that girl are both asian, and in my culture, the guy usually does/buys everything. Call it whipped, but its kinda old school. I do everything for this girl, pick her up and bring her to her classes, pay for our dates, I quit smoking, went on a diet, etc etc.. You get the picture. I'm sure all of you agree, love makes you do unpredictable and crazy things. But hey, if it doesn't work out, I won't be staying up late at night wondering what may have been because I'm 110% sure I did everything in my power to love her.

I have no freaking clue why she still sees him though. I'm getting tired of this retarded circle. Seems like she only wants to hang out with me when she doesn't have anything else better to do.

Cue the drinking. :alcoholic

Last edited:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
I have no clue. The girl im trying to date still hangs out with her loser ex. I mean yeah, he's got a Lexus IS convertible, but no job, no motivation, and doesn't even treat her right. she has to drive to see him. She pays for their dates. The list goes on and on.. I only know all this because she complains about him constantly it gets annoying. If you hate him so much why you still driving off to see him in the middle of the night? damn...

Me on the other hand, I'm like the exact opposite. Me and that girl are both asian, and at least in my culture, the guy usually does/buys everything. Call it whipped, but its kinda old school. I do everything for this girl, pick her up and bring her to her classes, pay for our dates, I quit smoking, went on a diet, etc etc.. You get the picture. I'm sure all of you agree, love makes you do unpredictable and crazy things. But hey, if it doesn't work out, I won't be staying up late at night wondering what may have been because I'm 110% sure I did everything in my power to love her.

I have no freaking clue why she still sees him though. I'm getting tired of this retarded circle. Seems like she only wants to hang out with me when she doesn't have anything else better to do.

Cue the drinking. :alcoholic
been there bro, and what sucks is you wait around for them to make up there mind, after they are all into you and only you. You start feeling different, like wtf now she wants me after all that time, then you question why you tried so hard. BS

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Think about this. Friends can last forever, but gf/bfs probably wont. I say drop the dude if hes lied to you and done stuff to you in the past. Once a liar always a liar.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Think about this. Friends can last forever, but gf/bfs probably wont. I say drop the dude if hes lied to you and done stuff to you in the past. Once a liar always a liar.
history tends to repeat itself, do it once to it agian