Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Notices

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

Brake lights stuck on 24/7

3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Old 04-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
96WIntegra

Unhappy Brake lights stuck on 24/7

I'm hoping someone can tell me how to fix the fact that my brake lights won't shut off. Apparently theres some plastic thing that broke that was the sensor for the brake lights and idk how to fix that. Disconnecting the battery every time I leave my car for a while isn't something I want to have to continue doing. -_-
96WIntegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
Hot.Damn.
newb and awesome

Welcome! Im assuming your talking about the brake pedal switch, should be as simple as unbolt old one bolt in new one.

"My responses are limited, you must ask the right questions"
Hot.Damn. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
96WIntegra

Hmm I was searching in another forum and someone said this:

"The Rubber stoper must have broken loose from the brake pedal arm (common Honda / Acura problem). When the stoper is gone the switch striker goes through the hole that the stoper was in. A quick fix is 2 pennies and some duct tape! It sounds stupid but it works. You can also use a bolt and nut, drop the bolt through the top of the brake pedal arm and install the nut from the bottom. It will keep your battery from discharging. "

I searched around under there and don't know what the switch is that they're talking about. Any pointers or landmarks to be looking for? lulz
96WIntegra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, lights, stuck