Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Breathers on the PCV thing are dumb and are a poor man's catch can

Reasons people do so:
they are too poor for a catch can
they think they need a catch can
they think its cool
they dont understand blow by

In actuality, the reason to run a catch can is to prevent blow by from entering the intake system. (thats why theres oil in your intake) Your engine will shoot out oil into the pcv system for reasons i dont want to type and putting a breather on will eliminate it from going into the intake system. This has pros and cons, you regain some HP lost (if you have a motor thats built) OR after a while blow by can re enter the motor which is bad, the oil is expelled for a reason. I suggest not running one or investing in a catch can, Mishimoto makes great carbon fiber catch cans.

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
Breathers on the PCV thing are dumb and are a poor man's catch can

Reasons people do so:
they are too poor for a catch can
they think they need a catch can
they think its cool
they dont understand blow by

In actuality, the reason to run a catch can is to prevent blow by from entering the intake system. (thats why theres oil in your intake) Your engine will shoot out oil into the pcv system for reasons i dont want to type and putting a breather on will eliminate it from going into the intake system. This has pros and cons, you regain some HP lost (if you have a motor thats built) OR after a while blow by can re enter the motor which is bad, the oil is expelled for a reason. I suggest not running one or investing in a catch can, Mishimoto makes great carbon fiber catch cans.
is there a catch can setup that goes thru the valve cover to the intake?

getamped45

i never noticed any differences with them but im not very knowledgable on motor

getamped45

lol haha. i already downloaded the turbo app for my itouch and i have a dock for it lol. it goes through my stero haha.