Stage 3 Clutch sucks!!!

reg_lus

Gsr motor with gsr tranny
I've got stage 3 xtd 6 puck clutch and i've think it's been fucking up my tranny....
everytime i shift, i hear a "clug" noise coming from my tranny..
when i first got it..it didnt make any noise...after 3 months later then..yahh...
do you guy think it could be the clutch that is messing it up?

Stock Non re-built tranny
stock motor.
basic bolt on....
is that too much for a stage 3?

JGvtec

Are you positive you put it all on right? Like everything was in place. Im sure something isn't on properly.

Stage 3 is wayyyy to much for a stock motor.

HersTEG

should of got an ACT Street sports clutch 220 torque capacity. That will give you insane grip..

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Wow, I just got an Exedy OEM replacement, works very well. You got a little overzealous with your clutch capacity

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
im on a ccs5 4 puck sprung wtih zero driveability issues and no "clunk" noises.

Id double check to make sure you installed the clutch correctly, or broke it in correctly.

Cripton805

I had a Street Exedy Stage 2 in my DA w/ OEM weight flywheel. That thing was perfect in every way.
Puck clutches are a no no for DD.

Mr.Nite

That XTD ebay stage 3 clutch is perfectly fine for a stock B18C, it will chatter for a while until its broken in, that clutch wont last too long depending on how you drive... I went through 3 of those now I am not going back... ACT or Competition Clutch all the way.

Prozon

Kris
Why is everyone against a stage 3 with a stock motor?
If you know how to drive and install it correctly your fine.
It's made to handle a lot of power, it's not like you will break it running a stock motor lol.

built_ls

im not against it. its just not needed.

I have a stage 2 clutch and I like it. and my boy had a stage 4 in his ctr and I loved it...

Prozon

Kris
I have a stage 3 clutch on my stock B18b1 right now. I put it in when I rebuilt the transmission, it's for the turbo that's going on, but I have around 1400 miles on the clutch and it handles just fine.