Boxy's Beautiful Build Thread

Boxy

Hey guys! So I joined the site about a week and a half ago, and I've found a ton of useful threads, so thanks to all you wonderful people out there!

Anyways, I decided I'd put up a build thread. Bare with me, the car's basically bone stock! Only thing different about it is the instrument cluster lights! I wish I had pictures of the neon's that arrived today, but too bad they were broken! Stupid Amazon, don't ever buy VisionX Neon Bars from there, ever! I'll get pictures of the neons all hooked up on Tuesday though :)

So without further delay, my picturesss!

First day I got her, all I took was a picture of her butt :p

Couple weeks later, I got her VT plates and took a few pictures of the interior.

And a couple bay shots:

And a shot of the cluster lights when they arrived and I installed em on Thursday

And now the most recent ones! Prepare yourselves for absolutely no difference on the exterior.. or interior! Except a shiny coat of wax and dirt freeness!

Engine bay after a nice de-grease and clean up session:

Some side shots and stuffz, oh and booty of course:

And for the final presentation...

And the interior once again, just a better picture of the cluster, it's not too dark outside either:

UPDATE TIME!
Oh just kidding, I exceeded the limit. Check page 3 for more pictures :)

Sorry for the crap quality of the pictures, off a phone and then that quality is cut in half when I black out the plates in MSPaint :/

Anyways, here are a few problems with the car:

Some asshole swiped the front side :( I put on some metal tape to hold the bumper together, gonna prime it and paint later when I get some money for paint :/ No money for a new bumper.

A few rust problems and some tearing issues, nothing big:

Rusted Antenna, I removed it and currently my car sits in the garage with a hole in her ass. I'm probably gonna get that Shark Antenna that looks like an S2K one from Autozone, I don't have the money for a legit S2K antenna :p

I hope you liked my build thread! Stay tuned, if I end up landing this summer job I'll have some money to put some real mods on.

Last edited:

Kinta94

first time I have ever seen green cluster lights. Not a fan but props for making them look good.

rnhib25

ricer all day
4x4 status!! Jk why is it so high I have stock struts/springs and I'm.lower than that

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
first time I have ever seen green cluster lights. props for making them look good.
im a fan of any aftermarket cluster that looks better/brighter than stock. green matches the radio lights well. i like to have one color on my interior lighting. call me ricer.

Boxy

first time I have ever seen green cluster lights. Not a fan but props for making them look good.
Haha thanks, I think.

4x4 status!! Jk why is it so high I have stock struts/springs and I'm.lower than that
I have no clue! Gonna lower it when I get some money.

im a fan of any aftermarket cluster that looks better/brighter than stock. green matches the radio lights well. i like to have one color on my interior lighting. call me ricer.
That's what I was going for! Thanks :)

Army74D

gtavila_
You weren't kidding, our cars do look alike! Lol Cept' yours is newer, automatic and has a couple of boo-boo's. :p

VSM RS FTW!
I like your seats better, mine are solid black.

Boxy

You weren't kidding, our cars do look alike! Lol Cept' yours is newer, automatic and has a couple of boo-boo's. :p

VSM RS FTW!
I like your seats better, mine are solid black.
Haha yeah! We even have the un painted side skirts and whatever those stupid moldings are called!

And any ideas on how to fix some of my cars boo boos? Specifically the side molding thing that's peeling off :(

Yeah I love my seats too! I'mma get my sister to patch up my driver's side though, it's got a little tear in it.

Boxy

It's actually an '00 with a 94 replacement rear :p
Weird, I know but that's how it is haha. Thing that bothers me about the front is it doesn't have "INTEGRA" etched in like it should. Or was that not part of 98 fronts?

Army74D

gtavila_
And any ideas on how to fix some of my cars boo boos? Specifically the side molding thing that's peeling off :(
Bondo is a cheap and easy way to do body work.. Lol.
As for the side moulding, It's hard to tell what's going on with it in the picture. Other than that, I won't be much help other than saying "take it to a professional body shop".
I've used bondo for small stuff and just painted over it with VSM touchup paint.. And it looks like nothing was ever there.
As for those scratches on the front bumper, did you try rubbing them off real good? Looks like paint off of whatever you scraped against.. Try rubbing it out. And that duct tape doesn't help the appearance either. Lol!

After quite a bit of online research, I found that alot of VSM owners used this paint for "touch-ups"..
http://www.hardwareworld.com/Silver-Spray-Metallic-pPFKM11.aspx
Apparently it matches really well, and $35 for 6 cans of it shipped, that's a bargain.

Weird, I know but that's how it is haha. Thing that bothers me about the front is it doesn't have "INTEGRA" etched in like it should. Or was that not part of 98 fronts?
My sisters 98 front DOES have "integra" etched into it..

Last edited:

rnhib25

ricer all day
It's actually an '00 with a 94 replacement rear :p

why do you have a 94-97 airbag. has it been into an accident?

the rear is an OEM bumper but the front is a OE replacement. ?

you don't have that "INTEGRA" bc its an OE replacement

Last edited:

Boxy

Bondo is a cheap and easy way to do body work.. Lol.
As for the side moulding, It's hard to tell what's going on with it in the picture. Other than that, I won't be much help other than saying "take it to a professional body shop".
I've used bondo for small stuff and just painted over it with VSM touchup paint.. And it looks like nothing was ever there.
As for those scratches on the front bumper, did you try rubbing them off real good? Looks like paint off of whatever you scraped against.. Try rubbing it out. And that duct tape doesn't help the appearance either. Lol!

After quite a bit of online research, I found that alot of VSM owners used this paint for "touch-ups"..
http://www.hardwareworld.com/Silver-Spray-Metallic-pPFKM11.aspx
Apparently it matches really well, and $35 for 6 cans of it shipped, that's a bargain.

My sisters 98 front DOES have "integra" etched into it..
It's metal tape, but I know haha I had to make do! What's Bondo? Just some compound or like adhesive or something? I'll google it :p
I did try rubbing, and then I tried buffing and everything, nothing works! Idk I'll try a little more, if not I'll just touch it up.
EDIT: Found out what Bondo is, I'll pick some up tomorrow, thanks! :)

That paint, is it meant to be outside on cars, and like weather resistant and all that? I don't want to spray it on just to see it kill the rest of the good paint around it haha. And how well is well for matching? :p

Yeah idk it must not be OEM then.

why do you have a 94-97 airbag. has it been into an accident?

the rear is an OEM bumper but the front is a OE replacement. ?

you don't have that "INTEGRA" bc its an OE replacement
Ooh alright, so I guess it isn't OEM. Oh well, I can deal with it. And yeah the car was in an accident, but it's got a clean title.

Last edited:

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Cluster looks great :thumbs up Baby does need some works, plenty of time though :)
Muffler doesnt look OEM to me either, were the front AND rear hit? Crash history of the car?
You could use a spark plug wire cover :thumbs up Can't wait to see where you go with it!