egr code 12

da9 fool

i have been getting an egr error for about a month now. i replaced the egr today and am still getting the code. did i fail, or do i need to have the code wiped ?:evil:

da9 fool

right so i tried the battery reset, but to no avail. after a few minutes of driving the cel comes on. my throttle had been sticking bad and now is better but still not wanting to decelerate. so i suppose the new egr is helping a bit ?

When I had a CEL in my 91 DB1 Ricky showed me a trick that might work for you. I don't know if it will as my DB1 was converted to OBD1, but it's worth a try.

Put the key in. Click it to the Accessory position on the ignition cylinder. Cycle it to the ON position and back 10 times then start the car.

Like I said it may or may not work, but it's worth trying.

da9 fool

well i tried the on off reset method and the terminal removal method. but to no avail. replaced a few hoses around the motor. and now the cel comes on as soon as i start driving and the trottle is stickin and sometimes even accelerating...wtf?

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
right so i tried the battery reset, but to no avail. after a few minutes of driving the cel comes on. my throttle had been sticking bad and now is better but still not wanting to decelerate. so i suppose the new egr is helping a bit ?
How long did you leave the battery disconnected?

If you've properly cleared the code and it comes on again after driving for a while, the problem is still there. If your car senses the problem hasn't been fixed, it'll trigger the CEL again.

As for the problem itself, I don't know the answer. lol Hopefully someone will be able to help you.

da9 fool

if the car is just idleing the cel doesnt come up. once i start driving the light comes on within five minutes. just to see what would happen i unplugged my tps and all driving hiccups dissapeared. no more hard shifting, lunging, surging. wtf. i ordered a new tps just to be sure.