1998 Integra GS-R Won't Start .....

1998-DC2

So last night i decided to hide some cables to make the engine bay look cleaner. I unplug all the cables in the circle but the one with number 1 next to it had a screw that does not come out so I plug everything back together. I also took my muffler off becaue im getting a new one . and now the car wouldnt start!!! what did I do wrong someone please help me Thanks!!!

Here are a couple of threads , I have made about this problem and I still cant fix it...I guess it will help if yall read them that way yall will know all the stuff that I already tryed.

http://www.carolinahondas.com/tech-talk/126818-help.html

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2932570

http://jdmsouth.com/f4/car-wouldnt-start-36361/

I wanted the wiring harness to be under the A/C lines and intake . Im so stupid i shouldve just left it the way it was !!

Last edited:

SLOW94

Did u take the ground wires off the engine? If the lights inside an everthing turn on try grabbing a wire an touch ground on battery an other side touch casing to the starter, DO NOT touch were the starter gets power, if it starts or attempts to u could have a grounding problem

1998-DC2

Did u take the ground wires off the engine? If the lights inside an everthing turn on try grabbing a wire an touch ground on battery an other side touch casing to the starter, DO NOT touch were the starter gets power, if it starts or attempts to u could have a grounding problem
Did that but I did pos of battery to starter.

Before I messed with the wires I did not have a tranny ground and everything was working fine. After i messed with the wires the car would not even try to turn on.

But now that i got tranny ground cable (lawn mower battery cable ) the car attemps to turn on.

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
It sounds like a ground. Go over the whole engine bay and pick through it with a fine tooth comb. It might take awhile but if that's what it takes to get your car running then so be it.

1998-DC2

We have for the last 2 weeks, Two people al ready came to look at the car..

New tranny ground
New starter
new main relay
Tested the battery
opened the ecu up : no burn marks
Checked all the fuses
The fuel pump is priming

Buying a new Coil tomorrow....

SLOW94

Did that but I did pos of battery to starter.

Before I messed with the wires I did not have a tranny ground and everything was working fine. After i messed with the wires the car would not even try to turn on.

But now that i got tranny ground cable (lawn mower battery cable ) the car attemps to turn on.
mine had similar problem thas why i said that i kind of messed with distributor little bit and eventually started. when you find out let me knw wat it was.

1998-DC2

mine had similar problem thas why i said that i kind of messed with distributor little bit and eventually started. when you find out let me knw wat it was.
Yea thas what a friend of mines think, I hope thats it.
Could te distributor get messed up from me messing with the wiring harness without disconnecting the neg battery?

SLOW94

Yea thas what a friend of mines think, I hope thats it.
Could te distributor get messed up from me messing with the wiring harness without disconnecting the neg battery?
shouldnt mess up, also try re looking at all the plugs you unpluged an repluged disconect them and see if one of the wire pins didnt get bent and pushed out of the plug enough to were its not getting contact, worth a try

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
I'm not saying replace the whole thing. Try the cap and rotor, new plugs, wires. Basically anything that has to do with your ignition system.

nvuswhippz

Union paying every 6 mo.
i have the same problem and trying to figure it out with my 97 LS b18b i have new cap, rotor, coil, wires, and plugs still NO spark!!! i am getting another dizzy tonight hope it works keep you all posted... to the OP i would check the plugs like SLOW says maybe something isnt getting contact also one thing i learned my lesson on is to never mess with plugs and etc with the battery fully hooked up disconnect the positive terminal before messing with anything.. good luck

1998-DC2

i have the same problem and trying to figure it out with my 97 LS b18b i have new cap, rotor, coil, wires, and plugs still NO spark!!! i am getting another dizzy tonight hope it works keep you all posted... to the OP i would check the plugs like SLOW says maybe something isnt getting contact also one thing i learned my lesson on is to never mess with plugs and etc with the battery fully hooked up disconnect the positive terminal before messing with anything.. good luck
Yep we have learned our lesson the HARD way.

Will check the plugs..

iLL-ViBeZ

Hoops, Honeys & Hip-Hop
is your foot on the clutch when you start?
do you have gas?
are your keys in the ignition?

:D