Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 2nd Generation Acura Integra (1990-1993)

Notices

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

Relay in the engine bay "clicking" while the car is off?

2nd Generation Acura Integra (1990-1993)

Old 08-13-2011, 03:02 AM   #1
KiNGKAOS

Question Relay in the engine bay "clicking" while the car is off?

So, I just started havin a new problem with my '91 GS. I went to the store a mile away. Radio worked all the lights worked etc... I turn my car off go into the store, come back out n go to start it. I get a "click" n no start, I try again n Vrooom starts right up but... My radio wont turn on but it's "lit up"!?! N I notice my climate control lights where the buttons light up were comin' on n off, if I tapped the buttons either they would stay on, go out, or 1 would go out n 1 would stay on etc..

I get home turn the car off n I notice my radio is still "lit up".. WTF!! I then disconnect my radio n take it out. The next day I get in my car go 2 start it n Vrooom starts right up 1st try I get 2 my GF's moms, I figured I would install my radio while I was there. After the install the car starts right up n the radio works

Everything is goin' good minus the climate control light issue.. As another day goes by I had the "no start click" happen 2 me like 3x out of 10x startin the car up!! I never got stranded after the "clicking" each time it started right up afterwards..

Now tonight I was bored so I went out 2 my car popped the hood just for sh!ts n giggles. As I'm lookin' things over I hear this "clicking" noise like a relay clickin'.. But it's not doin it "full time" only when it wants 2.. I locate the relay thats clickin' by holdin' it while it was clickin', n I could feel it clickin'. This is all happenin' with the car off!!!

IDK what the relay is for. Its located: if ur in front of the car lookin' at the engine bay, u look down just 2 the right of the radiator in between it n the radiator res. canister, about 8" down... I hope that helps anyone out 2 identify the relay!?!

IDK if this relay could be my cause for what happened that day with my radio!?! N with my climate control panel button lights doin there funky thing!?! N with my no start sometimes!?!

Thanx
'82 Yamaha SECA 750 Bobber Hardtail "BLACK"
'82 Yamaha Maxim 750 Bobber "BLACK"
KiNGKAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:22 AM   #2
KiNGKAOS

I know that thread was long hehe But I wanted ya'll 2 know what was goin' on n all..
'82 Yamaha SECA 750 Bobber Hardtail "BLACK"
'82 Yamaha Maxim 750 Bobber "BLACK"

Last edited by KiNGKAOS; 08-13-2011 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Miispellin'
KiNGKAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:43 AM   #3
da9_vito
Hazardous Grounds

sounds like a fan relay is going out. its possible it could power other things. id replace it.