95 integra altenator removal

Red Rocket

Have a bad altenator on my 1995 Integra LS. I can remove the altenator from the brackets, no problem but how do you remove it from the car without removing the axle???pretty good machanic but never removed axles. Been a great car, got a kid thru college and still runs great.

BeatBox

Real Good!
hahaha it sucks let me say that
i changed mine out like two months ago

this is the way i did mine WITH OUT taking off the axle. got it out thru the bottom
lift ur car off the ground making sure its safe to work under, take your front tires off

theres this brace that goes across take it off, there two bolts holding it down on each end
picture is from the drivers side,socket is on one of the bolts

once thats out loosen the bolts that hold the driver side axle half way on, you can see it here at the bottom(take the braket and flip it down and outta the way after the next step)

once u do that u can pull the axle out like 2-3inches to give you room to take the alt out

then take the alt out, since u already took it off the bracket up top
heres a video, its tricky you have to get it at the right angle
removing it
[YOUTUBE="alt part 1"]dx-rjhp3-rk[/YOUTUBE]
new one in, mine is a 300A alt but same deal
[YOUTUBE="alt part 2"]Z6zdfGlv63o[/YOUTUBE]

hope that helps, took me hrs to figure out.

Red Rocket

I could see what you confirmed..If I understand all this, you did not have to undo the axle nut, just the sway bar...thanks for the in depth help..sure wish it could be easier but not with my luck

Nismor

Haha yup I just did that the other day two times I had it switched in like 30 minutes =) all put back too I freaked out when I was reading about the taking off the axcel

Red Rocket

95 integra alternator removal

For those that take the approach of removing the torque arm and droping the alternator, you can get to the four bolts(2 on each end ) by using a 2' long extension and go streight down by the brake master cyl and in front of the battery..did not have to remove the tires .This made it a little easier.

BeatBox

Real Good!
I could see what you confirmed..If I understand all this, you did not have to undo the axle nut, just the sway bar...thanks for the in depth help..sure wish it could be easier but not with my luck
yup, just basically push it out of the way
so that u dont have to take the axle nut off

For those that take the approach of removing the torque arm and droping the alternator, you can get to the four bolts(2 on each end ) by using a 2' long extension and go streight down by the brake master cyl and in front of the battery..did not have to remove the tires .This made it a little easier.
ahh that thing was a pain took like a minute to get the nuts to loosen one hole turn lol
next time i know