How should i build my stock b18b1 motor

josemoreno

i need suggestions on how i should build my stock b18b1 i have it on a 95 integra i want an all motor build

rexpepper123

lsvtec then i/h/e cams, intake manifold, throttle body, an tune. im sure im missing some things but should get you going in the right direction oh and lots of research

Ryan659

^This, but also make sure you can smog it after all that work. I don't think you can put a vtec head on a LS and have it pass smog legit. Where is Trinh?!?! she should know

mirrorimg

There a few different ways.

-Build your existing non-VTEC motor and keep it non-VTEC
-Do an LS/VTEC and put a VTEC head on your block
-Swap in a B18C/1/5
-or swap in a different series motor (H,K,J)

From the detail of your message, it would look like you want to stay with the first one.

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
These threads annoy me. Do some research there are hundreds of threads exactly like this one.

josemoreno

Thanks any suggestions on the block not just the head?

mirrorimg

These threads annoy me. Do some research there are hundreds of threads exactly like this one.
Then avoid them. It looks like the only intent you have is to give yourself one more post count.

Thanks any suggestions on the block not just the head?
How about you tell us what you are wanting to do? There are many different options and price points. Some one could tell you a $10,000 build, and another a $500 build. It all depends on what you are shooting for.

josemoreno

Then avoid them. It looks like the only intent you have is to give yourself one more post count.

How about you tell us what you are wanting to do? There are many different options and price points. Some one could tell you a $10,000 build, and another a $500 build. It all depends on what you are shooting for.
I pretty muh have about $1,000 to play with i wanna go vtec but if im better off just building the stock ls head i have right now id rather go with that

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I pretty muh have about $1,000 to play with i wanna go vtec but if im better off just building the stock ls head i have right now id rather go with that
For that price range I'd say start with I/h/e and see how much you have left over, if you are able to find some good deals, go for cams and cam gears and a tune. If you happen to have enough, intake manifold before the tune. That's just my $.02 though

01TegLuv

ls/vtec would be good for the low end and high end power and would just need to swap the head, but lots of work, money, and reliability goes out the window if not done right.

Put in high comp pistons, camshafts and cam gears, maybe upgrade valve springs. cold air intake, intake manifold and headers.

94rs-gharp

im building my B1 right now I bored it out to 81.5. I put in wiseco high comp pistons. eagle h-beam rods balanced and polished the crank got a cosmetic head gasket. I reseated the valves and put in dual intake and exhaust springs. that's what I have right now I've spent 1500 on those parts plus labor im sure you can find deals a little cheaper on ebay find a company on there that sells the stuff and compare it to the brands website and see what the price difference is then do I/H/E like everyone else is saying

josemoreno

So i recently purchased a b16 head for $380 it comes with everything except the dizzy he also gave me arp head bolts everythings in good working condition what u guys think?