Army74d's VSM DC4 RS

Army74D

gtavila_
Took everything from my old thread and starting this one up.
So here I go again....

1995 Acura Integra RS Coupe in Vogue Silver Metallic.

I got this car BONE STOCK from the original owner May 12, 2010.
Clean title, with 136,xxx miles on the stock B18B1.
Bads? No radio, no keyless entry or alarm system, antenna was stuck in the up position.. Besides that, the car was a beauty. Especially for it's age.

On with the progress and pics..

Day1.
]

First thing installed, after the deck of course, was the suspension;
Skunk2 coilover sleeves and Skunk2 sport shock absorbers.

..Not low enough, so I turned it down a bit;
[/IMG]

Polished the stock exhaust a little.

..Didn't really add much to it since last May due to tight funds with the exception of no name front and rear upper strut bars and the must have OEM mudguards.
My financial status started picking up recently, so I started spoiling the car a little bit. :p
Installed a 2-way alarm with keyless entry.
Picked up a polished Benen rear lower tie bar.
Found a mint set of 15" LS/GSR Mesh for a good price.

And the 6000k H.I.D's, the left high beam isn't installed in pic just to show the comparison.

Interior shot. Rear seats are faded up top, but besides that.. The interior is flawless.

Current stuff
Under the hood:
:what:
Suspension/ Chassis:Function & Form Type 1
Buddy Club front upper camber kit
Megan Racing rear upper camber kit
Benen rear lower tie bar
Blox rear lower control arms
Blox rear sway bar fixed end links
No name polished front and rear upper strut bars
Exterior/ Lighting: DDM 6000k H.I.D (low beam)
Xentec 6000k H.I.D (high beam)
SI VTEC replica polyurethane front lip
OEM Integra mudguards
OEM Honda antenna block-off plug
Interior/ sound: Kenwood CD/MP3 Deck
Kicker DS65 front and rear door speakers
Circuit Hero 90mm shifter extension
Buddy Club Type A shift knob/ PW:JDM Delrin shift knob
Rollers/brakes: Buddy Club P1 Racing SF 15X6.5 42+
BF Goodrich G-Force 195/55R15
10mm wheel spacers (front)
8mm wheel spacers (rear)
BLOX extended lug nuts
ARP extended lug studs
Stock braking
Other: 2-Way Security w/ Keyless Entry

Last edited:

Army74D

gtavila_
6-6-2011
Spoon Mirrors;
I had a little accident a couple of weeks ago, that resulted in my passengers side mirror breaking. So I went with "Spoon Style" mirrors for a temporary replacement.

6-13-2011
Put the new suspension in;

Out with the old, in with the new.

Front. I know you love the rusty rotors. :roll:

Rear.

Enough tuck?

Took it around the block.. Heard scraping and smelled burning rubber & plastic.
Raised the car up, took off the wheels and this is what came off the front tires...
(Left side is about a half inch shaved off the front mud flaps /// To the right is rubber off the front tires for being too low). :cry:

So I'll go out and by a dremel tomorrow, Gotta do some cutting in the front wheel well.

:thumbup:

Damn I have the same problem. If I hit the slightest dip on the highway my tire rubs like a motherscratcher. I cringe every time.
Rubbing makes me cringe.. But seeing the rubber pieces that came off my 1 month old tires almost made me cry. :(

Issue fixed! ..Hammered the seam in the wheel-well flat.
Camber kit coming soon.

Before.

After.

New speakers and took out the backseats.

Last edited:

Army74D

gtavila_
Body work/ Before paint..

Stuck on the driveway.. :shock:

Stuck on the lift at the tire shop (went for alignment).. :shock:

Damage fixed, prepped, and almost ready for paint..

New shoes...

I ended up getting brand new fenders and drove around with them unpainted (black) for over a month..

The day I finally dropped her off at paint & body..

Ohhh yeahhhh....

Last edited:

Army74D

gtavila_
First day back home. Fresh coat of VSM..
The masking tape pulled some of the old weather stripping off so I said F it and painted it with flat black paint..

Crappy cell phone pics..

Well, that's where I'm at as of right now. I have parts on the way as we speak, so updates and BETTER PICTURES coming soon. :D

Last edited:

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
sweet build thread bro! clean ass whip! VSM FTW.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Damn, good work, thats what im doing this year, im going to look like that with the miss match pieces. I remember your old thread because of the water tower. Everything looks good whats next? how do those Type One's ride?

Army74D

gtavila_
Thanks guys.

endo617 - Next plans;
I have new PWJDM rotors and function 7 lca's on their way as we speak.
We've also been slowly working on rebuilding a b16 head.. But still not sure if I even wanna mess with my stock and very healthy engine. :???:
I'm in no hurry to to "build this car" since I don't even race and daily drive my s***, lol.
But any time I come across a good deal on anything, I always jump on it.

The type 1's ride GREAT for what I paid.. No complaints at all and I don't plan on switching suspension any time soon. I daily drive this car and drive like a maniac through twistiest and back roads. They handle corners pretty damn good. I've had them over 6 months now and can say I'm pretty happy with them. :D

Last edited:

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
Needs spacers IMO. I'm not into hella flush, but you could fit another set of wheels in those wheelwells lol

Army74D

gtavila_
Needs spacers IMO. I'm not into hella flush, but you could fit another set of wheels in those wheelwells lol
I've actually thought about it, lol. I'm not into "hellaflush" either, but I have thought about spacing them out a little. Any idea where I can find some good spacers and what size spacers to try out?

Last edited:

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
Kics, H&R, and even eBay have spacers that oughta work haha.

As for the size I'd use....probably 15 mm or so?

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Thanks guys.

endo617 - Next plans;
I have new PWJDM rotors and function 7 lca's on their way as we speak.
We've also been slowly working on rebuilding a b16 head.. But still not sure if I even wanna mess with my stock and very healthy engine. :???:
I'm in no hurry to to "build this car" since I don't even race and daily drive my s***, lol.
But any time I come across a good deal on anything, I always jump on it.

The type 1's ride GREAT for what I paid.. No complaints at all and I don't plan on switching suspension any time soon. I daily drive this car and drive like a maniac through twistiest and back roads. They handle corners pretty damn good. I've had them over 6 months now and can say I'm pretty happy with them. :D
Nice, like the progress, heads are easy to rebuild, if you do go through it all change the LMA's(Lost Motion Assembly) for some H22 one, i here a lot of successes from that. Taking time=clean progress, i need to learn that.