i need some advice

codyseals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im not a noob, just been a long time since i been on. a have a 91 integra gs, 2d hatch, b18a1 DOHC, 2 3/4" SS Nguyen exhaust.

I replaced the head gasket when i first bought it, head/ valves were good. The oil pump, water pump, alternator, pulleys and crank shaft had already been replaced, had it checked anyways and they confirmed that. about 10,000 miles after i put the motor back together, i heard a squealing sound (metal like/not belts) and smelt burning rubber? and pulled over, popped hood, it was smoking from the belt area, almost no oil on dipstick. put 4 quarts of oil in it, drove about 1-2 miles home, almost no oil on dipstick, there wasnt any fresh oil or anything like that on the motor, and there was none dripping to the ground, one of the offset pulleys had came off. its in the front on the bottom of the 2. looks to me like it a water pump(going off the lines running to/from it. but IDK. im a full time student, and the only job im working now is the national guard. money is tight, for all. what could the problem be, and what is the least expensive/cost effective way to get my baby back on the street.

Thanks guys,

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
pictures would help

and where is the oil going? Of course you wont have oil on your dipstick after you run the car, you need to let the oil drain to the oil pan. how much oil is in there when the motor is cold? it could be just a pully came off and the belt started burning up, you checked the oil and it turns out you had oil in but you added oil.

There are no lines coming off the water pump. It is behind the timing cover and is bolted into the block. So I think you're mistaken about that.

codyseals

yeah well i apologize. idk alot about cars. just want to get my car running again, even so, i do know that when you check your oil, whether it be hot or cold, its gonna show more then about 1/8th" on the dipstick. so i put oil in it, cause i couldnt leave it where i was.

no oil in coolant/coolant in oil. starts up, runs like normal, smokes a little but it hasnt been run in awhile and there is no CAT.
i will take some pictures when it gets light outside, its like 0600.

and i apologize for the multiple threads, i posted the other one and noticed there wasnt really any traffic.

iidk whats wrong with it. thats why im asking for advice. i was on here when i first bought the car. got alot of good advice from alot of people. it really made the difference for me to fix what i did. so thats why i returned.

really do appreciate all and any advice you can give me

Last edited:

codyseals

i took some pics earlier, but i did not have a chance to upload them. i will once i get out of school

TegraTiger

Where's Waldo?

You gotta hole in your oil pan? or leaking oil pan gasket? Where's the oil going? Check the oil filter too. The timing belt is behind that plastic cover behind the other belts. You said one of the belts came off and you smelled burning rubber? That makes sense. Change the belt, even if it looks like it's got life left in it (it came off, right?). The oil pump is not belt driven. It's driven internally by a gear. You got any check engine lights or trouble codes? If you ran the engine dry with no oil, it would def report trouble codes. Check the simple stuff first before doing anything complicated.

Prozon

Kris
I agree that you should post some pictures.

Are you noticing any significant leaks anywhere specific? Wash the motor down really well, run it and check to see if you can find where it's running from. The only thing I can think of is that your oil pump seal is leaking. If that IS the case, you're going to need a new seal, along with an oil pan gasket and some RTV or similar material. It "might" be a good idea just to replace the pump if that's the case, better have it done now when it's off then to mess with it later.

If it IS that seal, it would be leaking out right around the crankshaft pulley. I can't imagine that it would be leaking anywhere else then the oil pump- as there isn't really any other spots that have oil. My guess is that the crankshaft pulley is flinging the oil around.

But... if this doesn't sound right- pictures would help!
Again, try washing it all down and watching for a leak.
Good luck. :thumbs up