1994 Integra LS "MAD MAX" Project

Mad_Max

Hey everyone, been a long time "guest" of CI but finally decided to make my own little project thread in hopes to recieve some helpful information, tips, talk to some people about integras, and just some motivation to keep going on my project.

Going to be keeping this thread to post what i wanna do, what im going to do, and what im currently working on with my 94 LS. I am no mechanic by any means but i have always been a DIY kind of guy, plus im a college student that doesnt have the funds to pay someone else to do something i can just google and do myself 8) It is my daily driver, and will remain a daily driver / go-cart racer for fun.

Heres a list of what i know thats in it..

• B18B1 LS Engine (210k+ Miles)
  • BBP 4-1 Headers
  • Ram-Air Intake
  • 2.5 Magnaflow exhaust
  • Dynomax Muffler
  • Dropzone Shocks & Tenzo Springs
Here is what i just fixed/changed
  • Battery
  • Starter
  • Distributor
  • Alternator
  • Water Pump
  • Belt
  • Tensioner Pulley
  • Spark Plugs & Wires
  • O2 Sensors
  • All Fluids
Here is my motivation list of all the things i want to do with it, in order i want to do it in...

EXTERIOR:
  • Fix up body
  • Paint
  • Black out lights
  • Tint
  • Halos
  • Spoiler(Type R)
  • Rims
  • Suspension
  • "MAD MAX" tags
  • maybe a wash :dodgy:
INTERIOR:
  • Sound System
  • Guage Backplate
  • Guage Pillar
  • Racing Seats
  • Gut Backseats
ENGINE:
  • Clean Up & Degrease
  • Paint Valve Cover
  • New Muffler
  • Intake Manifold
  • TB
  • Internals
  • Turbo
  • 3" Exhaust
  • Tune
  • LS/Vtec OR Swap
  • Bottle
  • Whatever i forgot

Theres my wish/motivation list, probably wont get to a lot of it right now but once my classes are over and $$$ starts flowing i will be doing my best. Have no intentions on making this a show car, just want to make it the way i like it and to my taste.

Forgot to take pics of the car when i got it, but heres a pic of what i have been working on..

Sanding body ready to paint it. Yes, i will be painting it myself, rattle can style. Like i said, i dont have the money for a prof. job and i always wanted to do it myself. Also, notice the TERRIBLE bondo job near rear fender. Ill be fixing this is the future when i have more time to work on the car, just want to get it painted right now.

Last edited:

Mad_Max

Thanks for subbin! Crossed out a few things on the list today so far. Pics below.

ENGINE:
  • Clean Up & Degrease
    [*]Paint Valve Cover
  • New Muffler
  • Intake Manifold
  • TB
  • Internals
  • Turbo
  • 3" Exhaust
  • Tune
  • LS/Vtec OR Swap
  • Bottle
  • Whatever i forgot

94RS

No fucks given.
Holy crap. I gotta see how this car turns out. Hopefully you can turn this eyesore into something extremely clean, I got hope for ya. BTW, get that brake fluid filled up :thumbs up

Subbed.

94RS

No fucks given.
At least it's one color now lol. Are you eventually gonna go back with the OEM red, or leave it flat black?

Also, if I can make a suggestion.... Sand the letters on the valve cover and polish them. And get a new oil cap :lol:

Mad_Max

Not going back to red, decided to black the whole thing out. I just did a quick job on the valve cover, funds are tight right now so im trying to spend my money on things i wanna do first do the car. Engine dress up wont be until the summer.

In all, Painted my whole car for ~$60 for 8 cans of duplicolor black primer. Already had tape, sand paper, and cover paper.

Also picked up 1 can of Duplicolor Grey Metallic Wheel Paint? ~5 bucks and painted all 4 rims with it.

Also used some of the Nite Shades i had and put 1 coat over my taillights and turn signals..

And here it is with the hood left red.

Mad_Max

that actually came out pretty good. long project, should be interesting to see, GL
Yeah man, was pretty easy too and didnt take much effort. Just had to scuff the car up, then spray it. Duplicolor puts the nice heads on thier cans so it sprayed is a verticle line, helped a lot. No noticable lines on the car, just my bad bondo jobs when your standing next to it. But i was aiming for perfect tbh, just wanted to get it painted and i love it

Mad_Max

Been a long time since i posted, just got a new job and finally have some money coming in and im ready to start working on my car again.

Recently went to get it inspected and it failed the low idle test with too much unburnt fuel going through, and to add when i cold start, my car bogs and sometimes turns off on its own, or when i give it gas it will sound like its bogging down and almost cut out then go to normal. When this happens my CEL comes on sometimes. Im thinking MAP or an o2 sensor? Would this be the reason for failing inspection?

Rolex_17

Mine was doing something similar to that.. Had a check engine light on which turned out to be a code 6 for the coolant sensor. Got a new one and havent had a problem since.. That may or may not be your problem

Last edited:

Mad_Max

Had the day off so i did some work to my teg, Fixed the squeeling ac compressor and put on a new drive belt (its a 34-35inch v-belt btw, i had posted another thread asking what size but didnt find an answer) and put some new ac juice in.

Also put on a new front lip, lost the last one driving through a storm/flood. Got it off ebay, its not bad, and was worth it considering how cheap it was.

I have also nightshaded my hi-beams and turn signals. Rarely use my hi-beams now since i have new HIDs also.

PioneerLS

I've never seen one of those lips painted. theyre ugly unpainted imo but cant tell if it would look okay painted or not since i havent seen it. good luck man looks nice so far though