Da9 b20 beast's GS-R build thread

da9 b20 beast

got a GS-R shell about a month after my old DA got totaled and finally got around to getting to work on it...its a 92 GS-R was originally milano red but the previous owner for some ridiculous reason decided to paint it black and did a s*** job but will have it repainted back to milano red later.. heres a few pictures of the DB2 when i got it...

as i mentioned i bought the car as a shell..the car had been stolen from the previous owner.... pretty much all the GS-R was stolen off of it ...

interior was also stripped

one of the very first problems i noticed was that there was all kinds of plugs cut all over the place... the under dash harness was chewed to s***.. so instead of struggling to figure out what was what then solder all the plugs.. i picked up an entire under dash harness off a guy on craigslist parting out his GS...

got to work removing the dash

we removed the entire pedal assembly and dropped the steering column to remove the old under dash harness and feed the new one through.. up till 1 in the morning before we had the new one set into its place lol

the old harness

pedal assembly and steering column reinstalled

yesterday we finished connecting plugs to their designated places and put the installed the dash..

abs delete was also done yesterday will have pictures of the after up soon

before:

will be uploading more pictures soon as i go stay tuned

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
Nice find bro! sucks about the paint and wiring harness. sometimes wonder what these people are thinking when they do this crap. Have a similar issue on my build involving hid's, fog lights, and turn signals wired into the corner of my jdm one pieces instead of the bumper signals :( they butchered the damn harness......should be fun lol

da9 b20 beast

That's all you can do man. Just keep focused, and it'll all fall into place.
exactly next step is removing carpet cleaning it and making sure the est of the harness going to the fuel sending unit etc aren't chopped up..

Nice find bro! sucks about the paint and wiring harness. sometimes wonder what these people are thinking when they do this crap. Have a similar issue on my build involving hid's, fog lights, and turn signals wired into the corner of my jdm one pieces instead of the bumper signals :( they butchered the damn harness......should be fun lol
thanks bro!
exactly right i hate how people think mickey mousing shit will make the car function properly...good luck to you man!

da9 b20 beast

heres a pic of the bay after the abs delete got done.. pics look crappy took it with my phone

Last edited:

da9 b20 beast

i didnt like it >.< made the bay look ugly lol and it didnt work either so might as well last thing id want would be for my brakes to fuck up on me cuz it doesnt work lol