Need opinion on which GS-R to buy

GS-Rmy

I've always wanted a 2nd Gen GS-R in good condition and decided it's time to buy one. I found two that look like they could be "the one". Now I'm stuck deciding which one.

This one has 179K on it, but only has 18K on rebuilt engine and other new parts.
http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/cto/2943679063.html

And this one has only 122K miles but had the timing redone about 15K ago.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/2965145297.html

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated in buying my first ever "realistic dream car". Thanks and keep up the great work, love the site.

Murphy

Meat Master
Well the green one is much cheaper and it seems like he's willing to go lower. You could probably offer him $3200 and he'll take it. As for the white, doesn't really seem like he'll bug on price, although i would offer him $3,800 or so to start off.

If you don't mind a rebuilt motor, I'd get the green. I hate the color, but it's just so much cheaper. With the money you'll save, you could pay for a paint job if you want and a little maintenance. Take a look at the engine before considering purchasing it though. Just don't let either one of them know that this is your dream car, makes negotiating tougher lol.

da9 b20 beast

if youd get the green one leaving that color is a must there was only a handful of GS-R'S made period...aztec green looks beautiful imo...

cboe90DA

id get the white one cuz its all stock with only 120k thats amazing theres nuttin done to it so you can do ur own mods and know whats in it also it had the 100k tune up. now the green one seems to be modded a lil bit and it has more wear and tear on the car so if u got the cash i would go with the white one it looks way clean. if you dnt buy it i will lol! or u can get the green one and ill buy the white :)

subbyzzz

If you have the money... I'd get the white one... I love the green one but if it's rebuilt engine (and it doesn't sound like he did it himself) why so cheap? especially with all the mods... sounds like trouble. The white one looks nice, has nice wheels, and is all stock with 122k orig. miles. you can't honestly beat that.