94 DB7 LS to 94 DB8 GSR conversion

djv1986

I'm going to upload all the pictures i have took before during and after of my gsr swap / engine build. its been very pricey but all is factory and hopefully will pass the damn california smog laws..

djv1986

picked up a stainless steel cat back exhaust from a 2dr gsr and had to extend it for my 4door. also picked up a short block from an 01 gsr that was blown and also picked up a usdm gsr gauge cluster, also picked up a usdm gsr trans gear set with 5th gear from a type r

Last edited:

djv1986

just got the bottom end back from the machine shop to polish the crank and bore and hone and clean the block install new pistons on rods

djv1986

installed new oem oil pump new oem rear main seal new oem oil pan gasket and used hondabond to install the pump and seal housing

djv1986

getting the head and intake manifold ready for porting

the cylinder head during the porting

the finished head with dual springs intake and exhaust fully ported polished and port matched

djv1986

now to change the cabin harness to have factory vtec wires and plugs..

pulled the dash out to remove the old harness

got the new harness in and installed.

djv1986

wanted to spice up the inside with some CF so i bought jdm type R window switches from a db8 type r and modified them to fit my USDM

had to cut and modify and epoxy the old mounting tabs to the jdm bezel long process but turned out really good

finally its done and installed

djv1986

bought hondata s300 and socketed the ecu myself..

installed the s300 chip and tested the socketing

djv1986

of course not knowing before i bought hondata is it DOESNT WORK ON MY MACBOOK but i did research and downloaded a program and i can run it on my macbook

djv1986

got more oem honda parts and fluids to finish the build.. but then again little did i know i wasn't even close to having all the parts i needed

djv1986

found out the ls header doesn't fit my gsr engine so i had to buy a new header

studded the block

assembled the long block cleaned up some of the accessories and mounted the lightweight pulleys

djv1986

installed new oem water pump timing belt belt tensioner got the intake manifold installed

replaced every oring and coolant hose and vacuum line every hose clamp every gasket had to buy a new knock sensor and a new IACV