My 01 LS build thread

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
So since i am bored in Korea, figured I would put up a build thread for the teg. Started out with a swapped 01 LS, mods were as follows when i first got the car.

98 JDM B18C SPEC-R and LSD tranny
egay cold air intake
JDM Tri-Y header
Chipped P73
Exhaust off of 2001 USDM Type-R
Tokico Blue Struts(blown) with Skunk2 coil over sleeves
16x7.5 Knockoff BBS RS
Complete Type-R interior including cluster
Type-R front lip
DC front and rear upper and lower tie bars
8k HIDs
JDM sidemarkers
VIS CF hood
Satin Black paint
OEM window Visors
Brembo Drilled and slotted rotors
5 panel wink mirror
OEM mudflaps

How the car was when I got it.

Since I have been gone I have gotten ITR Wing, side skirts.. Skunk 2 front and rear camber kits. Nighthawk Black Pearl paint, and some konig wheels that i have no idea what they are. lol All I know are they are 16x7.5 and wont last long.

Car when I parked it and left

not happy with how it looked....At all.

It is now wainting on paint, thought my dad had painted it while I was gone but I am going to be painting it when i get home on PCS leave.

Just ordered D2 racings RS coilovers, Buddy Club Short Throw, Energy Suspension bushing Kit, Invidia Test Pipe, Skunk 2 flush mount valve cover hardware, Tein Hood Dampers, Password JDM intake, Yonanka exhaust, and Polished ROTA JMAG 16x8 wheels(yea im cheap and buy fake ass wheels..dont really care), APR CF mirrors, and ITR rear valances to complete the body.

Ill update pics as I get them. Once I get back I will be pulling the motor back out once again and plan on doing a complete tuck except for maybe the brake lines because I don't really know how to do the brake lines. lol Doing a ABS delete because the s*** doesn't work anyways. Once that gets done the body and bay will be getting prepped for the new paint. Since the valve cover isn't the factory red anyways i'm thinking about shaving it and painting it NHBP also.

Thats about it that i can think of, pics will come once parts start rolling in hopefully.

Pretty much what it will look like when I get finished.

Mine has side markers, will have different mirrors, and no side molding. Pretty much will be the only differences.

PatEK

wasn't bad to start out with, but the plans will make it look very good. that excample is so beautiful

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
yea it wasn't bad when I got it but it wasn't me. Wanted to go another path and make it my own instead of someone elses work.

99TegLs

nice! and thank you for serving by the way. What branch are you under?

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
Damn JMAGs are on back order so the company I ordered them from canceled my order. Trying to decide what wheels I want now. I was really set on the JMAGs

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
So since I can't find anyone that has JMAGs in stock, going to go a different route. Just ordered Buddy Club P1's white with red lip. Also just ordered my OEM red Acura emblems.

Last edited:

PatEK

that's a little different, but will look good aswell.
What's your job in the army? I'm in trainig to become an NCO

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
I am a 13M section chief. Just look up MLRS(Multiple Launch Rocket System) on youtube, that's what I do lol.

PatEK

that rocks, whe have them to. i was with the armored engineers (bomb patrol) but now i'm switching to the infantry

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
Just ordered the prop valve and everything needed for my ABS delete/brake line tuck :) build should go together nicely once I finally get home. Also picking up a AEM EMS v1 from a friend of mine back home. Just need to get a ITR basemap for it till I can go to the dyno.

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
Just a damn fender in that box lmao. Slightly overkill. At least I know it wont be all bent out of shape.