1994 Integra LS - JDM B18C Type R Swap - JRSC Questions!

GSR_ITR_BOIB

Hey everyone!

First off, I'll start by apologizing for my lack of knowledge in the Honda world. I'm actually coming from the world of Subarus, but I'm learning rather quickly about Hondas, and really enjoying it.

Anyways, I have a 1994 Integra LS. I swapped in a JDM B18C Type R motor and the LSD tranny. It's a fun car, decently quick, but it's getting pretty old, pretty fast.

I actually just took it to the drag strip yesterday, and my best time ended up being a 14.5581 @ 97.26 MPH (with my girlfriend in the passenger's seat). Not sure if that's a good time or not, but needless to say, I want it faster!

So, a couple days ago, I bought a Jackson Racing supercharger Kit for it from a private local seller. The seller stated that be had it on his B18B and that it also has the holes drilled to fit a B16 as well. A couple Honda buddies of mine told me that this would work with my swap, so I ended up buying it. I couldn't pass the deal up anyways.

My question is: from the info that I stated, is it enough to tell if this JRSC will work with my swap? If it is enough info, will it work?

Also, I don't have Hondata, but I have a chipped P28, tuned on Chrome. Is it going to be alright to be tuned on Chrome, or do I need to get Hondata?

Thanks in advance, and please, don't bash me too hard! :lol:

- DJ

Last edited:

johnnymass

Well I'm worried about the jrsc you bought. The IM manifold bolt patterns are different between the ls and vtec heads. Also, the blowers are different sizes as well. Gsr/type r is an m62 while the ls is an m45.

So your manifold may be redrilled to accommodate the bolt pattern of the vtec head but you're still going to have an undersized, and underperforming, supercharger.

As far as chrome, as long as it can understand and read boost and compensate the fuel which i think it does, You'll be fine.

But I'd be more worried about the supercharger. Post up pictures of the "kit" so we can see what you may or may not be missing

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
The m45 is not an underperforming blower, its good up to 2.0 liter engines, the issue is the fact that you will have no room for overhead because of the rev limit of the type-r with the particular pulley system its coming with as it is. The m45 will come stock with the 3.2 snout pulley, I would not put any kind of stepper pulleys or anything on it until you can actually verify what the blower RPM will be @ your max engine RPM.

Done properly you will gain at the very least a full second on your 1/4 times, however you will need to invest in a live tuning system of some sort, be it ectune, or hondata, or neptune, what have you. Chipping and chrome is just not an option here, the car needs to be tuned properly. There is no way to teach your factory ECU system how to read and use boost when it seems it on the map sensor so the car will just freak out.

JR gives you the FMU and IAT trickery to ghetto rig it onto the car so that it will function, however that is not the PROPER setup, its a god damn joke to say the very least, my car was actually significantly slower using the provided JR parts until I did it the proper way with a good tune, bigger injectors, and taught the car how to read boost properly.

Post some pictures of the hardware that you got with your kit, id like to see the condition of your blower, know if there is any play in the snout, and the condition of the rotors etc. Then we can go from there on an actual list of parts that will be required to get you running properly.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you should get the JRSC tuned, although i think with the missing link and the stock ecu it should be fine. I have never tried it on a stock ecu, we have always used a JRSC basemap then tuned at DnR. The SC took a 13.9s car to 12.6 with slicks and a LSD. Although the motor could have gone quicker, it was on a crower stage 2 street cam which is a tad agressive for the sc.