DIY high mount brake light

TheSkygun

not too sure if there is a thread for this already, kinda browsed through but didn't see one

So not long ago i removed my gsr wing that had a brake light on it for a type r wing
my car had the high mount brake light on it but had nothing inside it (wire harness, bulbs) so i decided to make my own set up for it by using the wires that used to be for the gsr wing. This is what i ended up with

(sadly after i finished it is when i realized i could have taken pictures so if anyone is doing this and wants a little help on figuring it out just message.)

These are what i used to connect to the old male/female adapters to the wire harness for the gsr wing(picked up at autozone)

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Pilot-Automotive-10-in-white-LED-flexi-light-strip/_/N-4b8k?itemIdentifier=835535_0_0_
(that is the led strip i used but the shorter one and in red, white didn't work as well as the red did when i tested it in the store with the red reflector)

i wish i had a better pic for this part but i don't. the gsr wing wires are black for ground which is a male adapter and a green wire with a female adapter. the led strips have black with a white strip in it for power, so put both black wires with the white strip into a male adapter and clip it tight and plug it in and repeat for the all black wires for the ground for the led strip but with a female adapter.

another meh picture but if you follow my hand you can see the wires for the led strip leading to a small opening to feed the two led strips through.

thats the opening you want to feed them through

then just feed them into the holes where the bulbs should have been

make sure that you wipe out any dirt before you stick the led strips on how you like and once you do you just replace every thing where it belongs and pull the extra wire back into where you have them plugged in to and finish closing every thing up

finish project (used my guitar to hold my brake down)

i have a small vid of it if when in use (with a button) if wanted i can upload

hope this helps anyone who had the same issue i did or just wants to use leds instead.