Vibrating Drivers Side Mirror

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
I believe this may be a common problem and I think I have the solution but first I need someone to test it for me. Below is a picture on how to remove the mirror from the enclosure. Is anyone willing to pry it off and tell me how much force is needed and the proper way of popping it off? I'm just afraid of breaking or cracking the mirror itself... Has anyone does this before? Idea is to remove the mirror and apply a small piece of squishy material that will dampen the vibrations.
- Aaron
VIDEO OF MIRROR REMOVAL BELOW

Last edited:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
My mirror popped off once when someone hit it, I think there were just like two little nipple looking pieces on the mirror part that connect to the housing

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Nice to be talking and not fighting with you Stackdolla! Sounds like the mirror isn't held in very well. Would you be willing to try and pop it out per the instructions above?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
WE CAN FIGHT, BRO!! lol, I'm not that bad once you get to know me. And I'm bad at that stuff, I brake tabs on my interior pieces. I'll try and find someone that has an extra mirror to test it on

R13

The other asshole
I can pop my mirrors out in like 2 hours when daylight rolls around if you want me to...

I'll even upload a video of it

R13

The other asshole
Read description....

[YOUTUBE="As promised"]7XJRv0OQb58[/YOUTUBE]

It took a small amount of force to pop it loose but not enough to damage it, just don't drop it when it pops loose, And my mirror motors were shot anyway so i didn't harm anything

Last edited: