The Chronicles of "Harmony" - dopematic's Integra Update Thread

dopematic

Hello everybody! I never got to formally introduce myself here so thought what better way than to do that with a Progress Thread. My name is Dillon and am from the Central Valley, California. Specifically Stockton, if you never been there; Good. You don't want to go there. Full time student at the moment and will be for at least the next decade. -_- with career goal as a pharmacist.

If anyone is near the Central Valley or the Bay Area; We can set up some meets if you want.

I wanna start off by saying that I absolutely love the 3rd generation Integra with its overall chassis shape. Love the bug eyed USDM front. Can't forget about the class JDM front end. Love the tail lights. Also like the RSX 02-04 tail lights and how they integrated the bubble shape in, but don't like the 04-05 RSX tail lights. Only wish they made the 02-04 tail lights with a red signal light. Anyways no complaints about the dc chassis taillights. The interior is great, still modern enough as to where it doesn't look as outdated as it really is. Love the symmetrically built dashboard; Was not a fan of the DA/DC5 driver oriented dash. Also the dash is small enough as it is not blocking my view while driving. Love the cluster, not a fan of the new digital tach that is often seen nowadays although it is growing a bit on me.

One thing I wish we had is heated defrosters on our side mirrors like the RSX's.

Anyways .. about my car.

Her name's Harmony; Hence the title. Long story short, the car originally belonged to my brother. He owned it for about 8 years, then kind of grew out of the import scene somewhat. He now drives a e92 m3 so still have mad love for cars. Probably the reason why I got into it. He told me that when I was like 10 or something, when we were in the garage and he was working on his 1st teg that I started to use his tools and removing and putting back bolts on the car. I kind of don't remember it but whatever. I owned the car for about 5 years now and it never ends as we all know.

It's definitely a like a Love/Hate relationship with this car with all the work and man hours put into her but the end result is always worth it and the learning experience is always great!

"My friends keep asking me why I can't just walk away from [this]. I'm addicted to the pain, the stress, the drama. I'm drawn in, so I guess, I'ma mess, cursed and blessed" Eminem - 25 to life.

That's a pretty good way to put how I feel about my car. It's an obsession/addiction/sickness! Lol.

So yeah, back then I use to go on Honda-Tech but everyone on there are like assholes. Then I realized that I like seeing other projects and stuff but mainly I like seeing more threads about integras. So I was on Team-Integra for awhile but it has gotten dead or seems like it. So now I'm here, been here for awhile now and really like the forum. Like the way it's set up, and there are alot more short cut navigations that we're able to use. Not to mention the great people on here.

Okay..... you're probably tired with my little essay I just wrote about my self. No more talking and onto the pics!

Here's the full part's list up to date... hopefully.

Goals:
Daily driven, Look like a show car. Perform like a sports car. Sound like a music studio.

1996 Acura Integra GSR

Engine:
Stock B18B1 Block
1st gen B16 pr3 Head
- DIY LSVTEC kit
- ARP Head Studs
- OEM Head Gasket
- OEM P72 Timing Belt
- OEM P72 Water Pump
- OEM P72 Oil Pump
ITR intake manifold
- Stock Gsr Throttle body
Dc Sports Ceramic 4-2-1 header
AEM Short ram intake
GSR Tranny
- ACT Max xXtreme dual diaphragm Pressure plate
- ACT Full Face Performance clutch disc
- ACT Prolite 12lb Flywheel
Goodridge Stainless Steel Clutch line (Clutch master to Slave)
JDM radiator
- aftermarket 12" slim fans

Mugen oil cap
Spoon Sports reservoir covers
Optima yellow top battery

Greddy td05h Carb Legal Turbo Kit - ( Not on )
- DSM 450cc injectors
- Chrome ECU
- Aftermarket intercooler
- HKS SSQV II Blow off valve

Exterior:
Paint: Pearl White - suppose to resemble the Lexus IS pearl white but body shop did not put enough pearl
OEM JDM non-HID metal Front End
- with custom shaved front bumper license plate box and grill
- shaved emblem holes
- Stanley side markers
- aftermarket HID kit
OEM JDM front lip
Replica Optional Side Skirts
OEM 98+ Rear bumper
OEM Optional Rear Valences
OEM 98+ rear tail lights
OEM 97+ Side mirrors
Shaved / Welded side moldings
Shaved spoiler and emblem holes on trunk
Mugen License Plate Bolts
LED Brakes Light
LED Reverse Light
LED SMD License plate light strip

VIS OEM Style Carbon Fiber Hatch (Trunk) - not on

Suspension:
Koni Yellow Shocks
Ground Control Coilovers
- Custom Spring Rate: F500 R450
- Ground Control Progressive bump stops in the front
- Energy Suspension linear bump stops in the rear
Ground Control Extended Top Hats in the fronts
OEM ITR 32mm 5 lug conversion
Hawks HP+ Fronts
Hawks HPS Rears
StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines all around
OEM ITR Front Strut bar
OEM ITR Rear Trunk Brace
Comptech / CT Engineering Subframe brace
OEM ITR 22mm rear sway bar
Aftermarket Rear Strut bar
Type 1 Racing (T1R) C-Pillar Bar

Advan RG Gold
- 16x7.5 +29 Fronts
- 16x8 +34 Rears
OEM USDM ITR Championship White Wheels - red A center caps
- 15x6.5
Blox Gold Extended Lug Nuts
Nrg Gold Extended Wheel Locks

Aftermarket wheels with Nitto NT555r for Track/Drag use
- painted Championship white

Interior:
JDM ITR Recaro SRD front seats
JDM OEM ITR rear seats
USDM OEM ITR floor mats
USDM OEM ITR red stitching shift boot
DC Sports gunmetal shift knob
Custom red fabric insert 98 door panels
USDM OEM ITR carbon fiber faux cup holder
USDM OEm ITR carbon fiber faux driver side vent
USDM OEM ITR carbon fiber faux ash tray
USDM OEM ITR carbon fiber faux 12V cover
USDM OEM ITR carbon fiber faux shifter plate
JDM OEM ITR carbon fiber Climate Control
USDM OEM ITR clock (amber)
USDM OEM ITR center console
USDM OEM Type R replacement badge # (left blank)
USDM OEM ITR Cluster
Custom wrapped headliner
- black tweed
- painted black : pillars, dome light, map light, moonroof weather stripping, trunk weather stripping, seat belt bolt covers, sunvisors holder pieces, handle holders.

Broadway convex rearview mirror
NRG quick release / Short hub and Lock
Aftermarket steering wheel with H horn button
- horn still works
- SRS bypass (passenger airbag still works)
Customized gauges fitment into Cruise control & Light dimmer holes
- Autometer oil pressure gauge
- Autometer boost gauge
LED map lights
LED dome light

System
Alpine CDA-9887 Head Unit
Infinity Kappa Components
- Tweeters
JL 500/1 v1 Monoblock Amp
JL 12w6 v1 with Custom Enclosure built to JL specifications
Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Capacitor
- Monster 4g wires

Alpine Type R 8" subwoofer
- 8" bazooka tube

Didn't have as much pictures of her back then cause we didn't exactly have internet or smart phones with nice cameras like today. There are lots of miscellaneous changes done throughout but may not have taken a picture of it. This is the best of what I can find/dig up.

First started off. Car was originally Milano Red. Stock 94-97 everything. Here is with a Wings West Front lip and GSR blades.

98-01 front end with 17" 5zigen 5ZR in bronze.

Then car was painted Pearl White (light gold flakes) suppose to resemble the IS 300 pearl white but AutoBody shop did not put enough pearl. Car was painted at Precision Auto Body in Sacramento.

Her with some 16" Rota Group N's bronze. and OEM ITR front lip and custom black housing OEM 98 Head Lights. Shaved emblem holes, shaved (welded ) side moldings.

With the 5ZR's again and. Wings West rear Lip

picked up these recaro speeds

jdm front

carbon fiber hood and back to GSR blades

5 lug conversion and set of s2000 ap1 all four fronts wheels

RSX 05-06 Type S wheels

finally found a set of ITR wheels in championship white.. pretty beat up but i refinished it

went to a meet in town

Last edited:

dopematic

picked up replica optional side skirts and rear valences and attempted to paint it myself*

with them on

picked up carbon fiber hatch

Random shots from my boy with a mini photoshoot

traded recaro speeds for a greddy carb legal td05h turbo kit and was in the process of getting everything worked out. everything was a mess trying to figure stuff out along with school work, so the process is still ongoing as of date because i just have no time and this is my only car get around

while in the process of tinkering with turbo.. i was contemplating whether or not to cut my front bumper grill area to show off the intercooler look and i couldnt resist so i cut and shaved my oem front bumper and painted with paint matched by local paint shop without pearl. Cutting off the front license plate box and trying to reshape and mold it back into form was not the business.

picked up the jdm oem itr recaros which has much sturdier material btw and wrapped my extra set of door panels

my boy did another photoshoot of my car as you can see in the early pics that those crappy cell phone digital camera photos just arent cutting it haha
took off the carbon fiber hood and trunk. ap1 wheels back on

then my boy was messing with his new rigg and tested some rolling shots

then i finally felt what it was like to actually have a set of real wheels and found a set of advan RG's 16x7.5 in gold

first on with the thick tires that it came with (205 50s i think)

changed out tires to 205/40s

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Rich kid, lol Just kidding

Looks great, Really liking the interior :thumbs up:

dopematic

here's some random shots for the little stuff on the car
Another one from the local meet in town

LED brake lights, reverse light, and dome light

Mugen bolts and my messed up license plate... maybe I should invest in a new one?

center console area... still missing some ITR carbon fiber fuax parts that i still cant find

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/layzievietboi/team Integra/IMAG1051.jpg
USDM OEM ITR floor mats

JDM OEM ITR rear seats

my worned out OEM ITR arm rest with OEM Acura Integra Type R replacement badge; note the blank space for where the #'s are suppose to be. By the way, does anyone know where i can get some etching / engraving on that anywhere?

Side Mirror and my boys rsx in it lol

Shot at the Drags

Snapping axles... -_- Fail

Also won the bracket one night and got this trophy

And you know I had to paint my pocket bike to match my car! >=]

A very similar project will go underway for my real bike. (05 Yamaha R6)

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
S2k wheels looked better than the rsx. Their offset is high as s*** though... wonder how it would look with spacers.

dopematic

Rich kid, lol Just kidding
Looks great, Really liking the interior :thumbs up:
Lol, I get that a lot because of my age and my car. But I like to say I'm very fortunate for my brother. Plus, if you really think about it over 10+ years to get to this point? Not so balling after all huh haha.

Thanks! I'll probably redo the door panels though. Or maybe ITR door panels. We'll see...

About damn time Dillon. lol
Lol! Hey I was busy... school, work... you know.. plus my laptop is shit. It's so slow... Sometimes I don't even want to go on and usually use my phone instead Haha. I feel like I'm forgetting a lot of things in here though..

Dam clean car sell me turbo :)
Haha, turbos not for sale.. you don't want this turbo anyways... it's too small. Lol

S2k wheels looked better than the rsx. Their offset is high as s*** though... wonder how it would look with spacers.
Yeah AP1 wheels does look better than RSX's wheels. and yes the offset is monumentally high, it was so sunken in. It probably would've look alot better if I had spacers on but we'll never know since I don't own them anymore. Haha

XjoEnX

Yeah AP1 wheels does look better than RSX's wheels. and yes the offset is monumentally high, it was so sunken in. It probably would've look alot better if I had spacers on but we'll never know since I don't own them anymore. Haha
When you had your S2K wheels, I thought it was perfection and didn't need to be messed with from there. Then all of a sudden I saw the RG's out of nowhere. LOL Improved on perfection

Thanks! I'll probably redo the door panels though. Or maybe ITR door panels. We'll see...
Same. I might just look for the ITR panels.

dopematic

Actually i want your carb legal turbo. :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: Way too hard to find to pass that thing up :)

When you had your S2K wheels, I thought it was perfection and didn't need to be messed with from there. Then all of a sudden I saw the RG's out of nowhere. LOL Improved on perfection

Same. I might just look for the ITR panels.
Yeah I really liked it too but when you have those for so long you kind of grow out of it a little bit? Haha. Funny cause most people either Loved it or Hated it on my car. It was during the time the Hella Flush trend started coming along. I personally didn't mind the sunken wheels at first but after awhile it did started to bother me. If I kept it I probably wouldve used spacers to push it out a bit.

It was a hard decision to either let those or my ITR wheels go. ..But the RGs reminded me it was for the better LOL

Yeah, the wrap just isn't as clean as OEM huh?. Or we should get Bride/Recaro fabric and then wrap it!?!? Lol

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Maybe i saw your car online somewhere with those wheels.

I wish i had the money at the time but i saw a greddy kit on ebay last year. =(

R13

The other asshole
Lol, I get that a lot because of my age and my car. But I like to say I'm very fortunate for my brother. Plus, if you really think about it over 10+ years to get to this point? Not so balling after all huh haha.
No worries, with 10+ years of time & effort you've earned that car :) And there's definitely nothing wrong with being fortunate As long as you know and appreciate it.

As for the unfortunate (Like me) I use it as inspiration to succeed