Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 2nd Generation Acura Integra (1990-1993)

Notices

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->



Really annoying beeping goes off randomly while driving.

2nd Generation Acura Integra (1990-1993)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
Mike61096
17 yr. old Integra Modder
 
Mike61096's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 316
 
iTrader: (0)

Default Really annoying beeping goes off randomly while driving.

MY 91 integra makes the same beep sound when you start the car randomly when I'm driving. It's not seat belts, and no warning lights on my dash turn on, so what could it be? It happens at the most random times and doesn't have a set pattern. The beep will go off once, twice, maybe even 10 times then stop.
Mike61096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
whitedc4
Senior Member
 
whitedc4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,488
 
iTrader: (19)

Default

Do u have a steering wheel with no air bag? Maybe it's like an srs going off. Usually mine only does that when I start the car
__________________
Instagram: whitedc4


Quote:
Originally Posted by R13 View Post
Go hit more mail boxes in your civic.
whitedc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
SeanDA9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SoCal/Pasadena,CA
Age: 23
Posts: 113
 
iTrader: (0)

Default

I have had the same problem with mine since I bought it. Eventually some one told me to unplug passenger side seat belt ecu for about 30 seconds or so to reset it. it went away for about 2 years and has now recently came back. So I plan on doing it again when im not feeling lazy.
__________________
The Build Thread http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=74023
-06 Pontiac GTO
-90 Integra DA9
SeanDA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
Mike61096
17 yr. old Integra Modder
 
Mike61096's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 316
 
iTrader: (0)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedc4 View Post
Do u have a steering wheel with no air bag? Maybe it's like an srs going off. Usually mine only does that when I start the car

I don't think so. I have my stock steering wheel. whether or not there's a problem with the airbag in there, i don't know.
Mike61096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
Mike61096
17 yr. old Integra Modder
 
Mike61096's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 316
 
iTrader: (0)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDA9 View Post
I have had the same problem with mine since I bought it. Eventually some one told me to unplug passenger side seat belt ecu for about 30 seconds or so to reset it. it went away for about 2 years and has now recently came back. So I plan on doing it again when im not feeling lazy.
You mean the ecu under the carpet, under the kick plate on the passenger side?
Mike61096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:14 AM   #6
wooker_nok
Registered User
 
wooker_nok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Age: 30
Posts: 120
 

iTrader: (0)

Default

replace ur key cylinder or remove the column cover to reveal ur cylinder switch wiring and the key in reminder is damage or stuck in wrong position
__________________
It Is What It Is Wookers Garage NOKTURNAL CAR CLUB
wooker_nok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
Mike61096
17 yr. old Integra Modder
 
Mike61096's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 316
 
iTrader: (0)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooker_nok View Post
replace ur key cylinder or remove the column cover to reveal ur cylinder switch wiring and the key in reminder is damage or stuck in wrong position
I have no idea how to do that
Mike61096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #8
Mike61096
17 yr. old Integra Modder
 
Mike61096's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 316
 
iTrader: (0)

Default

Well, I unplugged my ECU and seat belt detect wires and plugged em back in, but I don't think the beeping is gone.
Mike61096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #9
krisx13
Schweet.
 
krisx13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Posts: 345
 
iTrader: (0)

Default

Sounds like your ICU (integrated control unit) could be going bad, is there anything else in your car that isn't working? like interior lights, intermittent wipers, radio? it's a pain in the ass to get to, its a grey box and it sits above the fuse panel under the dash
__________________

DA squad member 119

Bookface
krisx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #10
Mike61096
17 yr. old Integra Modder
 
Mike61096's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 316
 
iTrader: (0)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisx13 View Post
Sounds like your ICU (integrated control unit) could be going bad, is there anything else in your car that isn't working? like interior lights, intermittent wipers, radio? it's a pain in the ass to get to, its a grey box and it sits above the fuse panel under the dash
Nope, only thing that doesn't work is the rear defroster, and i think that may be the switch, because it doesn't have an on off action to it, it acts like a momentary switch and the light doesn't turn on.
Mike61096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #11
krisx13
Schweet.
 
krisx13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Posts: 345
 
iTrader: (0)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike61096 View Post
Nope, only thing that doesn't work is the rear defroster, and i think that may be the switch, because it doesn't have an on off action to it, it acts like a momentary switch and the light doesn't turn on.
i forgot to mention, the ICU also controls the rear defroster. this is probably the source of your problem lol. grab another one from the junkyard if you can
__________________

DA squad member 119

Bookface
krisx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #12
Mike61096
17 yr. old Integra Modder
 
Mike61096's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 316
 
iTrader: (0)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisx13 View Post
i forgot to mention, the ICU also controls the rear defroster. this is probably the source of your problem lol. grab another one from the junkyard if you can
I know it does, but I don't think it's going bad. I think the defroster is just the switch. Is the switch supposed to be push on, push off, or is it supposed to be momentary? And I don't have any junkyards near me. If it is the ICU which is a pain in a$$ to get to it's $45 to replace and a couple of hours to take out and replace
Mike61096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #13
krisx13
Schweet.
 
krisx13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Posts: 345
 
iTrader: (0)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike61096 View Post
I know it does, but I don't think it's going bad. I think the defroster is just the switch. Is the switch supposed to be push on, push off, or is it supposed to be momentary? And I don't have any junkyards near me. If it is the ICU which is a pain in a$$ to get to it's $45 to replace and a couple of hours to take out and replace
from what I know the defroster runs on a timed circuit, which is controlled by the icu. probably so it doesn't stay on and burn out or something, im not sure since i never have it on that long. but yes basically you should push it on and it'll either go off by itself or you turn it off. you can try replacing the switch but that still won't solve your beeping issues lol
__________________

DA squad member 119

Bookface
krisx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #14
Mike61096
17 yr. old Integra Modder
 
Mike61096's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 316
 
iTrader: (0)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisx13 View Post
from what I know the defroster runs on a timed circuit, which is controlled by the icu. probably so it doesn't stay on and burn out or something, im not sure since i never have it on that long. but yes basically you should push it on and it'll either go off by itself or you turn it off. you can try replacing the switch but that still won't solve your beeping issues lol
Yea haha I know all that, but that still doesn't answer my question. Is the defrost switch push on, push off? Or is it momentary? The timing circuit controlled by the ICU is set for 15 minutes by the way.
Mike61096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #15
krisx13
Schweet.
 
krisx13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Posts: 345
 
iTrader: (0)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike61096 View Post
Yea haha I know all that, but that still doesn't answer my question. Is the defrost switch push on, push off? Or is it momentary? The timing circuit controlled by the ICU is set for 15 minutes by the way.
ok well ive helped all i could. good luck.
__________________

DA squad member 119

Bookface
krisx13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beeping Sound jwnova 2nd Generation Acura Integra (1990-1993) 3 07-31-2012 03:17 PM
seat belt beeping!!! ChrisDilligaf 2nd Generation Acura Integra (1990-1993) 2 11-15-2010 02:43 AM
Beeping noise Trucker71 2nd Generation Acura Integra (1990-1993) 1 08-25-2010 11:50 PM
Car stopped beeping when locking panda327 3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001) 12 07-23-2007 02:41 PM
Car Beeping? Kuchtaboy 2nd Generation Acura Integra (1990-1993) 20 09-06-2006 01:54 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Store News:

Latest Topics:


Store Specials:








Find this site helpful? Donations are appreciated.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
Forum SEO by Zoints