2012 ROTY: Nick4dei

Nick_C78

Categories:
Best 94-97 Style
Best NA Integra/RSX
Best Overall Integra/RSX
Best Interior (lol)

1995 Acura Integra GS-R - B18C1(Kind of)

Block:
B18C1 with 82mm bore
P72 Rods
82mm PR3 RS Machine Pistons
Hastings 82mm Piston Rings
OEM Honda Rod Bearings
OEM Honda Main Bearings
ARP Rod Bolt
ARP Main Bolt
OEM GSR Crankshaft
Exedy 9.5lbs flywheel
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
Bottom end balanced

Transmission:
1997 GS-R S80 Transmission (No LSD)
Energy Suspension Shift Linkage Bushings

Head & Fuel/Air Systems:
1994 B16A1 Head
Port job
Ovate Conical Beehive Springs
Custom lightweight/backcut valve job
Skunk2 Port Matched Intake Manifold
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
70mm Skunk2 Port Matched Throttle Body
Custom 3” Intake with bpi flow stack and AEM dryflow filter
440cc OsideTiger Injectors
AEM Fuel Rail
AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator
Integra Type R Cams
Skunk2 Adjustable Cam gears
Gates Racing Kevlar timing belt
NGK Spark Plugs
NGK Plug Wires
OEM GSR Distributor
ARP Head Studs
Walbro 190 lph fuel pump
Cometic Head Gasket
Russell steel braided fuel line
AEM Wideband O2 sensor

Cooling System:
No-Name Aluminum Radiator
Dual 12” Slim Fans
OEM Oil cooler

Exhaust:

Apexi Muffler
Test Pipe Resonator
Ebay 2.25” exhaust piping
No-Name Ebay Headers

Tuning:
P28 ECU with Hondata s100 tuned by Church Automotive Testing

Chassis and Suspension:
Eibach Pro-System Kit struts and springs
Energy Suspension Master Bushing Kit
Prothane Trailing arm bushings
Windshield Weld filled Motor Mounts
Hankook RS3 225/45/15
15x7 Rota GT3 rims
Blackworks Adjustable Camber Kit (Front)
Skunk2 Pro Camber Kit (Rear)
Alignment by Darin and Chris at West End
EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads
Summit racing drilled and slotted rotors
OEM GS-R brake lines and calipers
OEM GS-R Sway bars and braces

Interior:
B&M Pro Edge Short Shifter
Greddy Counter Weight Shift Knob
Buddy Club Racing Spec Bucket Seat
PCI Drivers Side seat bracket
AEM Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge

Aero:
Carbon Fiber Type R style wing
Type r replica front lip

[YOUTUBE="Dc2 2:15 bw13 8-26-12"]H5ww-BsNtOk?hd=1][/YOUTUBE]

Was hoping to have my new short block in before turning in this application, but oh well. In the interest of full disclosure, my car burns oil, because the machine shop messed up on boring my cylinders. My piston to wall clearance is too large, so that Dyno chart is with low compression, unseated rings, and a large piston to wall clearance..meh. Also the final dyno run wasn't on the print out, final numbers were 212 hp/ 157 torque, but keep in mind this was on a dynapack and they read higher than other dynos. Thank you for taking the time to check out my application. Happy voting.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

Well, I kept seeing people make posts that all active members should apply, so I figured why not. Even though I do not think I deserve to win anything.

Swerve

Shawn
Well you have plenty of horsepower and that's 212 with all the things wrong with it on a lesser dyno? Looks great to me man

Nick_C78

Yeah, 212 with the issues it has, on a dynapack dyno. Nothing crazy. Thanks man. I just need to get a roll bar and install my harness so I can get safety out of the way. Then I can move on to suspension finally. Would have done suspension first, but I had motor issues...which linger.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Yeah, 212 with the issues it has, on a dynapack dyno. Nothing crazy. Thanks man. I just need to get a roll bar and install my harness so I can get safety out of the way. Then I can move on to suspension finally. Would have done suspension first, but I had motor issues...which linger.
im in the same boat with the harness. hows that buddy seat i like those rails fyi

Nick_C78

I haven't had a chance to test the seat out at the track yet obviously, but it is super comfy and combined with the PCI rails it is a solid set up. I am sure I am going to notice instant improvement as far as driver comfort my next track day. And thanks man, yeah the rails are pretty bad ass, expensive as hell though, but well worth it at the same time. Can't put a price on comfort and safety. Won't have an autopower bar for quite some time though, but that is my next planned purchase. Get safety out of the way, then I can work on suspension.

Nick_C78

Sounds good. Can't go wrong with safety. Your car felt pretty good to me though. Way better than mine at least. I would say your car is a sub 2:10 car for sure as it sits right now man, even with those tires and brakes. Just need to work on a few driver things and you'll get there. Don't try to buy yourself better lap times bro. Your brakes felt like they were biting ok, and I never once felt your tires give way. The times that you spun were from lift oversteer and from hitting the curbs wrong.

The list of things you need to work on are:
Work on consistent braking points
Clean up your lines a little
And be more aggressive with the throttle.

You can be wide open in more areas than you think. Also, some areas you were braking and lifting where you did not need to. Other than that it was pretty good. Its a bunch of minor things that add up to quite a bit of time over all.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I just didn't like the way I have to stand on them a lot to have them work after a few laps. But yeah my lines can be cleaned up a lot. I am really looking at where I need to make up time.

Nick_C78

I see. Well I didn't get to drive it obviously, so I am just judging by how it felt from the passenger seat. Yeah man, you can gain sooo much time from grape vein all the way until sweeper really... You can be wide open from grape vein until the braking point at bus stop, you can also get on the throttle a lot sooner after bus stop. Riverside you can take like 10mph faster and then be wide open all the way until phil hill. Then once you crest phil hill you can be wide open until sweeper. Those are the main areas you are losing time.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yeah thats where i need to focus on next time. I think the left after riverside into phil hill/magic mountain is going to need a lot of work mentally.

Nick_C78

Yeah man, I used to brake at that little left kink my first day out. Then Katman saw my video of my first day and told me that I didn't have to slow down there so I stopped doing it. You can also take club corner a hell of a lot faster. I take it at 85 with crappy suspension and I have no issues, granted RS3 grip for days, but I know you can do about similar speeds with your set up. Most of it seems mentally, you just have to trust yourself and your car. You need someone to tell you that its ok to do those things it seems, because you were starting to listen to me and trust your car...but then we ended up in the tire wall which I think set back your confidence a little.

If you can work on not lifting the throttle when you get scared, you will spin far less amount of times. Fwd cars require you to smash the throttle when you are about to spin. Lifting just makes you spin faster.

And hah you will get used to it joe