WANTED: "How-To's" What do you want to see? Make a Request!

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Hey, I know we have quite a few "How-To's" but I wanted to see what people are still looking for. What would you like to have a step-by-step instructional on? Please post here what DiY's you want to see added so that others can see them and possibly make a thread on. As the list grows, I will update this post with the requests and check them off when completed. If you would like to do one of them, please let me know so that I can update it here. Have at it!
- Aaron

How-To Requests
1. ABS Delete
2. Air-Conditioning Delete
3. Cruise-Control Delete
4. Retrofit/Homemade Icebox Intake
5. Front Sway-Bar Installation
6. Sun-Roof Install
7. ABS Brake Fluid Replacement Procedure
8. How to remove Stuck/Seized Bolt
9. CV Axle Replacement
10. Tie-rod Bellows Boot Replacement
11. How To Remove/Delete Rear-Wiper
12. How To Replace Clutch/Flywheel
13. How to Remove & Replace Rubber Door Molding
14. Valve Lash Adjustment
*If you notice that one of the requests has been completed, please let me know so I can remove it from the list, thanks.

Last edited:

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Full in depth with photos diy on abs delete , ac delete , cruise control delete , retrofit & homemade icebox . I know they've got their own threads , but maybe on this site and very detailed would be nice . Or an update to the old ones .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
This is a supplement to the Master List. People make requests here and I send it over to Prozon once DIY's are completed. This is an attempt to further enhance the current list.

fowler.j.12

Front sway bar install. A lot of people I know get discouraged with this when they can't get it right at first.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Also a sunroof install would be nice with detailed instructions/photos .

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Thanks for all that so far, hopefully people will step up and help ya'll out.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Most people have already done these , I guess it can come down to clarifying them a bit further or update old threads

Prozon

Kris
Was there a stickied How To thread like this one:http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=54888 ?

I guess..you're updating that list?
Jackel has been kind enough to make and send me How-To's over the months my activity has slowed down.

This is a supplement to the Master List. People make requests here and I send it over to Prozon once DIY's are completed. This is an attempt to further enhance the current list.
Hopefully more people chime in besides just you! We need more How-To's. :)

Most people have already done these , I guess it can come down to clarifying them a bit further or update old threads

There aren't a whole lot of "official" How-To's with step by step and pictures. That's why the How-To list was created. If you search "ABS DELETE" you will get half a million threads. Generally people asking the question. "How do you delete the ABS." however instead of sifting through all the questions and BSing to find your answer it's nice to have it all set out in front of you.

Thanks for the interest in the list, and good luck getting this thing rolling! :thumbs up

dlo253

Man I wish I would have made a how-to when I did my manual belt swap. Along with sway bars. I'm the type that just gets in and gets shit done tho. Maybe if I had another person to take pics.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Hey, I know we have quite a few "How-To's" but I wanted to see what people are still looking for. What would you like to have a step-by-step instructional on? Please post here what DiY's you want to see added so that others can see them and possibly make a thread on. As the list grows, I will update this post with the requests and check them off when completed. If you would like to do one of them, please let me know so that I can update it here. Have at it!
- Aaron

How-To Requests
1. ABS Delete
2. Air-Conditioning Delete
3. Cruise-Control Delete
4. Retrofit/Homemade Icebox Intake
5. Front Sway-Bar Installation
6. Sun-Roof Install
7. ABS Bleeding Procedure
I think all of those have been done, and you dont bleed your abs system as its a part of the brake system. I can write them up...but i have everything in my build thread on how to do those

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Maybe bleeding wasn't the correct word to use but ABS fluid replacement is a real thing. Refer to page 19-152 of the service manual.

Prozon

Kris
Man I wish I would have made a how-to when I did my manual belt swap. Along with sway bars. I'm the type that just gets in and gets s*** done tho. Maybe if I had another person to take pics.
I like to take pictures whenever i'm working on my own stuff. It's nice to flip through them and look at where it started and what i've broke through the years. :p

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Maybe bleeding wasn't the correct word to use but ABS fluid replacement is a real thing. Refer to page 19-152 of the service manual.
Thats just a different way of doing it. When you bleed your brakes you are taking fluid from the abs unit and the master cylinder. The lines from the master cylinder feed into the abs unit which takes place of the prop valve.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
What you're saying makes sense but the ABS Unit has its own reservoir with a Min/Max fill mark that your supposed to re-fill when bleeding the pump. Bleeding the brakes is different from bleeding the ABS unit itself. Are you saying that bleeding the ABS is not necessary? Maintenance Schedule says "Brake Fluid (including anti-lock brake system)" replace every 30,000 miles.