Transmission solenoids

Rich W

I now understand, from my previous past, that the 1999 Integra automatic transmission is a 4 speed and it seems like an overdrive gear when the torque converter locks up. My issue is that it takes about 10 minutes of highway driving for the torque converter to lock up and after that it works fine. It seems like it is stuck until it gets warmed up.I found a post where someone took off the solenoids and cleaned and slightly honed out the vacuum cylinder. This may not be relevent seeing I cannot find it again. Are the solenoids on the top of the transmission the solenoids that make the torque converter lock up? Is it normal for the torque converter not to lock up until the transmission it fully warmed up? Thanks in advance.

zerialz

Banned
a common problem on these trannys is debris clogs the pressure valve. when's the last time you did a fluid change?

Rich W

I have only has it for about 1500 miles/ 3 weeks, so I havent done any fluid changes yet. Where is this pressure valve?

zerialz

Banned
the pressure or modulator valve controls the flow of trans fluid within the ATX. It will get stuck open and flood the shift solenoids.