brake lights stay on

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
so i was told tonight that my brake lights are on. i go outside and sure enough, brake lights are on.

anyone experience this? i checked almost all the fuses and theyre good. i'll look tomorrow at all of them. my dome light and power locks didnt work either. after pulling a few fuses and putting them back, voila! it worked again! if theyre all good, would it be a short in the wires somewhere? i hope not. i hate wiring...

on another note, i noticed something on the floorboard of the drivers side (i was the only one in and out to pop the hood today) what looked to be white/blue plastic. kinda looked like candy. i thought nothing of it but it may have popped something like a brake light relay..??

my battery is pretty much dead but still was able to illuminate the brake lights. i pulled the brake light fuse in the mean time.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

R13

The other asshole
Isn't there a button like switch on the brake pedal? Check that.

Edit: Team integra has a thread with the same issue, Turned out to be the switch at the top of the pedal.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
nice. i forgot about that website.
thanks for the info club integra!! :D

edit:
oh snap!! i guess it was the same! lol! good thing i mentioned those plastic pieces, eh? i dont even want to go out and check. i could sleep good tonight knowing what it is :p

Last edited:

XjoEnX

Matt had the same issue a few months back. He used a bolt and nut in place of the original piece that broke off and it worked like a charm.

ronmulan

yeah. imma rig something up when i check it out.

you could also use a penny or maybe a nickel would be better, feel where the hole is and tape or glue it on, temp. fix before you buy that plastic stopper

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
imma do what matt did and use some kind of bolt/nut combination

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
bought the plastic nub from the dealership. $3.95 after taxes. ugghhh...

g3teg97

Super Moderator
This happened on my car too. I had that piece broken on my floorboard. Funny how a little piece of plastic is $4 when it probably cost the $.04 cents.