b20 in 1992 ls boggin down!!!!

screbels

so last Saturday i broke my driver side axle and changed the full shaft to a brand new one. Now yesterday i went to drive a little fast and my didn't want to put hard. It feels like its only pulling with one wheel. So today i took the axle out and put it back in to make sure everything was right. and its still driving the same! I mean some pulls it will pull hard and normal some times it just gets really load like my exhaust is not passing threw and it dont want to pull. now im thinking its either axle is still not right or my tranny/clutch going out or maybe my high flow cat is clogged! PLEASE i need help!!!!!!

g6qwerty

When you say pulls do you mean the car is pulling one side when accelerating or sometimes it has power and accelerates good, and other times the car won't accelerate good?

Also if the car is pulling to one side, Lift the car up and wiggle the front wheels around up and down and side to side.
It can tell you a lot about whats bad, by what isn't moving the same with the rest.
Also when the car is on the ground you can try wiggling the upper control arm at the ball joint up and down, because its sometimes easier to tell if that ball joint is bad that way.

Sometimes if you car has good power sometimes and bad other times, your cat could have failed and is broken up inside so sometimes its free flowing other times its not.
There are three ways to check you catalytic converter that I can think of at the moment.
Check pressure by putting your hand over the tail pipe, exhaust gets hot though.
Lift the car up and hit or shake your catalytic converter and see if you hear stuff rattling around inside.
Just remove the catalytic converter and look at.

Also it may be another Engine performance Issue too. Somebody else might have more ideas on that.
Cause I'm thinking MAF sensor and integras only have MAP sensor.

Oh Check your spark plug wires because some times they can go bad and cause low power situations. Happened to me on 3 different cars, A Buick park avenue, a Honda accord, and my car 90 Integra with a B20.

From Haynes Manuel Trouble Shooting.

Engine Stumbles on acceleration
1. Spark Plugs Fouled
2. fuel injection system faulty
3. fuel filter clogged
4. incorrect ignition timing
5. intake manifold air leak

Engine lacks Power
1. Incorrect ignition timing
2. Excessive play in distributor shaft
3. Worn rotor, distributor cap or wires
4. faulty or incorrectly gaped spark plugs
5. fuel injection system out of adjustment or worn out.
6. faulty coil
7. brake binding
8. auto transmission fluid incorrect level
9. clutch slipping
10. fuel filter clogged and or impurities in fuel system
11. emission control system not functioning properly
12. catalytic converter plugged
13. low or uneven cylinder compression
14. obstructed exhaust system.

Last edited:

screbels

THANK YOU!!! And when it pulls it does not pull to one side! it just doesnt pull as hard as it normaly would then its like power will come back! and my wheel does not wiggle at all everything seems fine there. But the fuinny thing is i had just changed my spark plugs and i knew i needed to gap them to 44 but i didnt! but that was a week ago why would i start acting dumb now/// and Yes there is rattling in my cat but im not sure if its broken inside or its just rocks in the heat sheild around it and my cat is wedled on both sides my exhuast! im take my cat off and gap my spark plugs and change wires right now and ill let you know as soon im done!

screbels

yea it was my high flow cat everything inside is broken and was clogging my exhaust pipe!