Suggestions on ls/vtec daily build!!

ImportSik

This topic is in regards to my 99 integra ls that I'm going vtec on!! I'm not new to the game but will be my first semi build and just need some ideas on what to do since I'm converting to vtec!! I'm just trying to build the motor a little bit more for reliability since its the first this motor has been pulled apart at 166000 miles. Don't let the miles fool you, it runs reeeeaaalllyy good!!

ImportSik

**Here's my items I got for the car so far:
-B16 head w/ type r internal
-ctr cams
-Type r intake manifold w/ s2 throttle body
-255 walbro fuel pump
-750 cc injectors
-Arp head studs
-P28 ecu (unchipped)
-Headers (forgot brand but they are good)
****Things not sure about:
-Shotpeening rods or new rods
-Stock Pistons or aftermarket??!
--or anything else that comes to mind from u guys!!

ImportSik

***Things I still need to get:
-main bearings
-rod bearings
-gsr water pump & timing belt
-main girdle
-head gasket (ls/vtec)
-standard piston rings
---and anything else u guys suggest or I probably missed!!!!

***items I have (cont.) :
- arp rod bolts
- ls vtec golden eagle sandwich plate, line and head tap
--- I think I've covered everything I have so far, lol

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
**Here's my items I got for the car so far:
-B16 head w/ type r internal
-ctr cams
-Type r intake manifold w/ s2 throttle body
-255 walbro fuel pump
-750 cc injectors-Arp head studs
-P28 ecu (unchipped)
-Headers (forgot brand but they are good)
****Things not sure about:
-Shotpeening rods or new rods
-Stock Pistons or aftermarket??!
--or anything else that comes to mind from u guys!!
why are your injectors so big?

I would think boost, but you're debating stock pistons or aftermarket?

You can get by with prelude or s2k injectors if its just an all motor setup.

ImportSik

I bought those from a friend of mine a while ago!! I just wanted to list everything I had on hand!! Should I go after market pistons??

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Not trying to be a dick on the matter, but how much research have you done on this? We have countless threads on here and there are tons of other threads on H-T, Team Integra, etc.

This was a good read when I was first looking into LS/VTEC: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1676914

ImportSik

I'm aware of that!!!! As I said before, I was just listing all parts I have on hand. Sometime in the near future I plan on going boost. But now since I'm taking the head off due to mild head gasket leak and me burning a little oil due to piston rings going on the motor, I wanted to see what ideas people had as far as mild reliable build. I've done my research and if I hand the money I would've gone boost like yesterday but don't plan on it right now!! Soooo back to the original question, should I go for aftermarket pistons??

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Yes to aftermarket pistons and rods.
Ask specific instead of generic questions and we will give you answers.

ImportSik

I'm aware. But just wanted to see if it made sense keeping stock pistons or going aftermarket. But I'll just settle with aftermarket

Nick_C78

Do you know why everyone is coming off like assholes? It is because we are constantly answering the same questions. It also doesn't help when the people argue saying they have done research, when they clearly havn't. Browse some build threads and see what works and what doesn't. My own build thread has a lot of what not to do in it. Lol research ,research and research. Also check and double check everything and deal with people you can trust. Plan before you purchase. That is my advice right now. When you gather a plan and a list of parts come back with specific questions and we will gladly help you out.