Do I need to replace my cv boots/joints?

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
A mechanic a while ago told me I should replace them soon. Once I start hearing a click when I make turns. Well I hear it now. Its like click click click until the wheel is completely straightened out. Heres pics of the drivers side and passengers side boots:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
its easier to replace the whole axle. napa, autozone, etc. have lifetime warranties. so when they rip again, free replacement. i suggest napa to get em.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
those are shot out...

Best bet is to get OEM NEW axles... do not buy remanufactured axles... they tend to be more prone to breaking..

Most G2 guys and good mechanics will tell you t get the OEM new axles... they will last alot longer...

Personally I have seen remanufactured axles break as fast as 2 weeks after install. Lifetime warranty or not they completely suck butthole...

98GS

I went through like 3 of the replacement axles from auto zone when I had my DA

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
ive had my napa ones for a few years and theyre still fine while being slammed all the time. no vibrations or busted boots either.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

TheCrimsonStar

I've always replaced my OEM axles with Autozone Duralast brand. Never had another one break unless it was my fault (wheel hub fell out with the CV still attached.)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mike61096

Ugh.. $157 later.. this is what I picked up from advance auto. Brand new axles. Idk much about the brand though.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2

Mike61096

Also, if I try to do this myself, keeping in mind I've never changed the entire driveshafts before, how hard would it be for me?

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
can be a little it of a pain in the ass...

going to have to pul the wheels and do a few things.. there is a good write up on the process for a DA on g2ic.com I suggest you go there and search for it... Also make sure you have a haynes or chiltons manual follow the correct steps from one of those to learn what you are doing.

Once you finish I highly recommend an alignment also

Mike61096

Took me and my girlfriends dad who's been racing and working with cars for decades 2 hours to do it. We put one axle on the wrong side the first time :( thats why it took so long. Now I'm getting an alignment and inspection.

Mike61096

EDIT: Failed inspection for 3 things. 3rd brake light out, bubble in rear tire, driver side tie rod causing play in the wheel. :( more money more money more money.