exhaust swap ideas help

mikeman990

i have a 1999 integra gsr when i bought it it came with dc sports headers catalytic converter bypass and Megan cat back exhaust kit mainly my parents have complained about it being loud and a few neighbors.

was wanting to see if i could get any suggestions on what would be a little bit quieter and the sound to fit the car and not to ricer ish

is there a certain exhaust you recommend and shout i have a catalytic converter put back on?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Yonaka is cheap because of the quality being lesser than other exhausts. If youre about quality i suggest an apexi

96LSteg

Jemel
My yonaka header was pretty good surprisingly...It got ruined because my car sat so low it scraped all the time:) jdm tyte yo!

Sent from the Amazon Rainforest using tapatalk

IXIHoneyPotIXI

I went 98 Spec. ITR headers back. Nice and quiet. You won't have fitting issues either :cool: Just a suggestion

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
^thats what I would do, and did. All that's really needed is the muffler if quiet is desired but ill bet he wants to keep something audible. Chances are his setup isn't even any real upgrade over stock but the complete 98 spec jdm setup is.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i dont get why people still suggest the apexi ws2, greddy sp, itr, rs*r, etc. when they say they want a nice deep tone when all those are close to oem.

if you want a loud, deep, non-ricey sounding, the apexi N1 would be your best best. i have oem header, cat and the N1 back. sounds exactly what i was looking for. noticable tone, deep, non-raspy thru the powerband, no annoying drone on the freeway. at WOT, roars nicely :)

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
ummm RS*R isn't no where close to OEM. and it is a deep tone at normal condition and loud at WOT. buddy club spec 2 or any N1 is ridiculously loud!

i think coy's definition of a good exhaust is a racecar. :)