Taking my gsr out of storage after 5 years. Advice

Integracecraft

So my gsr was stolen and recovered in 2006. It was recovered and rebuilt, put back in storage in 2008. I drove it few times and put it into long term storage in 2009.
It needed wheel bearings before it went in. What should I change/ do aside from fluids before driving again.
It has been indoors and in a dry place.

osiris19

Check all bushings for cracks and looseness. Change the oil, check tires for dry rotting. Was the car put on stands?

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
The pics aren't working. I'm interested to know how the condition of the car has changed from when you put it in storage to now.

zack11122

I would personally put a little oil down the spark plug holes. Just to help it out with lubrication. And a fresh fuel filter and gas.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
use heat in the gas tank for any condensation build up. Change all fluids to be safe.

Other than that, would like to see pics

Nick_C78

Drain the fuel tank, flush all fluids, and expect some leaks to appear after a while since it hasn't had heat expansion in a while so a lot of seals are probably dry rotting. Fix the gaskets and hoses as needed. You might also want to inspect your belts, especially the timing belt. Even though it sat inside rubber gets old.

I would also unplug the dizzy and crank the motor for 10 seconds to build oil pressure, before starting it. This will help lube everything up.