New to the forum

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
AlfredG94 '97 LS

What's up everyone,

New to this forum, new to cars in general. Ever since i picked up '97 Integra LS i've been doing nothing but teaching myself and learning from other to get the most out of my white girl (tegs name lol ). Picked her up last month for about $600, 137,000 miles. Ever since then i've just been making her 100% from valve cover gasket to control arm. Forgive me if i get parts wrong in the future or say something a bit stupid, like i said im new to this. Before Halloween the only thing i knew about cars were where the steering wheel was and how to go from P to R to D.. lol . Look forward to learning and discussing things with everyone. Ill also post a couple pics of the car below. hope you all enjoy.

also, throughout my stay here ill be posting everything from new purchases and new ideas i have. this will be my build thread. hopefully i can show you guys, and myself ,my progress in the future.

Plans (so far):
LSV Conversion (get to know the engine a bit)
GSR Tranny
Fog Lights
Sub/amp install
Strut Bars (Front & Rear)
DC Header
APEXi catback /Vibrant catback (haven't decided)
Aftermarket Control Arms
JDM Front (maybe)
K24/K20 swap (sometime in the next year and a half)
Boost Kseries
Black Pearl Paint Job

What I Have Done (not much performance wise):
PWJDM CF Intake (Short Ram, yeah i know Whale Penis lmao)
PWJDM Brass Knuckle Shift Knob 530g
New OEM Lower Rear Control Arms (Aftermarket CA Next year)
New Shift Boot (OEM Was ripped)
Valve Cover Gasket
New Clutch Set (about 5k on it)
New OEM Front Seats (Rails Destroyed On Last Pair)
Steelies with New TOYO snow tires 185/60r15
New Coolant Hoses (Had a bad leak)
Repainted Valve Cover (Matte Balck)
Back Seat Delete
HID Kit (Head Lights)

November 2015:

December 2015:

Again, tell me what you think so far, ill be posting pictures periodically to show myself the progress i've made. after winter i plan on buying a new header and exhaust. but other than that, not sure what else to do beside maybe a ITR Wing. lol dont be too harsh though. haha

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you wont really make power from the skunk2 header i think you might lose power. Someone just threw it on their car, and they said it pushed power upwards. I dont think the skunk really makes power on an LS unless you tune it.

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
you wont really make power from the skunk2 header i think you might lose power. Someone just threw it on their car, and they said it pushed power upwards. I dont think the skunk really makes power on an LS unless you tune it.
my buddy put one in his, and says it made a difference. ill do more research on it, but thank you. do you know of any header that would?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
did he "feel a difference" or did he dyno tune it?

I bogged when i threw one on my motor at WOT. Also is it a street car or a track car? Why push all the power up to the end of the power band? I would stick with a DC header which will give you more low end power.

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
that im not completely sure of, i just know his history with increasing power to his cars. Regarding the next question, his is a streetcar. and also im not too sure, whats the benefit of more low end rather than the alternative? thank you for your input by the way.

also good to note is this is my main car, so i do drive it everyday.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
where are you in the rev range 75% of the time? idle - 4000. you want to make a bunch of power and torque there since you just drive it on the street. An aftermarket nature by nature will add more top end but you want more mid range and low end. It will become difficult to drive if all your torque and power is 5000rpms+.

I actually find my integra track car to 'feel slow' after driving my miata because of how the power is delivered. My integra makes peak torque around 4300, and i never take it that high when im just driving around. Where the miata makes power down low.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
For a street car, especially an LS, you do want to make all your power in the low end. You would only need high end power if you're tracking the car, these guys spend most of their time around 5,000+ RPMS and have high geared transmissions.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
yeah im usually around 3400-3700rpm. please keep it coming. i appreciate the help fully. any suggestions on new tranny? mind you this car is stock. ive legitimately been driving standard for 2 weeks lol . any tips always help. hate to sound needy but we all start somewhere haha

Last edited:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
The LS transmission is garbage, they're pretty good for turbo. If you're going to have a mostly stock engine, the B16 transmissions or GSR transmissions are a great start, heck, if you have money, an ITR trans would be perfect. They're mainly geared for acceleration since Honda engines don't have much displacement.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
B16 transmissions are pretty good from what I hear.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

The LS transmission is garbage, they're pretty good for turbo. If you're going to have a mostly stock engine, the B16 transmissions or GSR transmissions are a great start, heck, if you have money, an ITR trans would be perfect. They're mainly geared for acceleration since Honda engines don't have much displacement.

Sent from my iPhone 2g
if you do performance driving or track days, LS and B16 are garbage because the differentials will break. They are the same one, thats why when you buy a diff its ls/b16 OR ITR/gsr. When i had an LS motor, i threw in a gsr transmission and it was amazing. I would recommend that, it doesnt really throw high revs like the b16, so its perfect for daily driving and highway stuff. 80mph is like 4k. vs 3500 on an LS and 4500 on a b16.