Turbo parts list

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
Most important: CLUTCH, this will fry very very fast. this should be the very first thing done
1. turbo (the size you need depends on power goals)
2. Manifold (tubular or cast iron)
3. Oil feed and return lines (found on ebay)
4. down pipe (2.5"-3" depending on wanted power. The exhaust MUST be bigger or equal to the downpipe size)
5. Intercooler (front mount is optional. this helps to keep charge temps down and engine temps as well)
6. BOV (Blow off valve. this eliminates charge pressure from returning into the turbo, and back to the engine)
7.FMU (engine management is best Hondata, neptune etc. But a vortec is good 12:1 or the jackson 5:1 but even better than both of those is the cartech adjustable FMU 1:1 all the way to 12:1 i believe) a wide band o2 is excellent in this case.
8. exhaust 2.5" or bigger with a high flow cat. (the quicker the exhaust leaves the quicker the turbo will spool)
9. Correct intercooler pipes for your car. along with couplers
10. one heat range colder spark plugs
11. knowledge, time, and patience
12. Bigger fuel pump (Walboro makes excellent pumps)

Not needed, but also important
1. ignition (msd, crane, etc)
2. boost gauge
3. a/f gauge
4. test pipe
5.axles
6. bigger fuel injectors (depending on power needs and boost level)
7. itr oil pump and water pump

all these items will vary on power wants and needs.

can't really think of anything else off hand. what did i forget?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
honda's use Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensors. they freak out when they see boost. something to trick them is needed

GSROWNSU

dc2GS-R said:
honda's use Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensors. they freak out when they see boost. something to trick them is needed
true...although with hondata a check valve isn't needed for the MAP sensor. They will work i think up to 22 psi...after that you'll need a 3 bar map sensor.

speedin

The Transporter
blitzillist said:
^^^^ whats that speedin?
When you add a Turbo to your engine, The MAP Sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure) which is designed to read Vacuum Pressure, will read Turbo Boost and throw a Check Engine Light. This prevents the Computer from determining the correct air flow and results in poor engine performance. The Missing Link intercepts the Boosted air flow before it hits the MAP Sensor. This fixes Check Engine Lights, Helps the Computer to Maintain Proper Air/Fuel Mixtures and provides smooth Vacuum to Boost Transitions. The Missing Link installs in 5 Minutes with common hand tools.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
speedin said:
When you add a Turbo to your engine, The MAP Sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure) which is designed to read Vacuum Pressure, will read Turbo Boost and throw a Check Engine Light.
It will send your ECU into limp mode as well. There are many ways to prevent it through stand alone engine management, or Hondata.....but thats the simplest way.

RKSskier

Ok, I know I have no posts on CI.com, but thats cuz I drive a civic and am on CC.com.

Anyways I would like to clear up all the misinformation on this thread about the honda map sensor and ecu
1.) The map sensor can read up to 11 psi.
2.) The ecu however reads this boost and it will through a cel, and then put it into limp mode

And also I would like to state that being able to adjust fuel and spark and having a wideband to make correct adjustments is so so important.

But heck what do I know, I only drive a civic..... ;)

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
the "missing link" also allows your ecu to run on an open loop at WOT as apposed to a closed loop at WOT. everything else is correct.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Let's add Datalogging! Datalogging with a wideband o2 is great for tuning and keep it in good shape. That way you can always go run a log and find out what is missing or off

Very good idea as well

GSROWNSU

RKSskier said:
Ok, I know I have no posts on CI.com, but thats cuz I drive a civic and am on CC.com.

Anyways I would like to clear up all the misinformation on this thread about the honda map sensor and ecu
1.) The map sensor can read up to 11 psi.
2.) The ecu however reads this boost and it will through a cel, and then put it into limp mode

And also I would like to state that being able to adjust fuel and spark and having a wideband to make correct adjustments is so so important.

But heck what do I know, I only drive a civic..... ;)
keep the smart ass comments back on cc buddy...we don't need any of that here. Good info and you are 100% correct...but no1 makes fun of peoples knowledge here...and no1 is making fun of you because you have a civic...pretty sure were all honda enthusiasts not integra enthusiasts...:roll:

maq

Sorry for bringing up a old thread but i have a few questions.....

93 teg 5 spd, with a B18B head, everything else stock.

I would like to make around 200-250 ponies. With mid range power. I don't want to have to wide it up to 5k to get anything from it.

With that goal in mind, do i need a bigger fuel pump, and/or injectors? Right now turboing my car is just a small idea in the back of my head, not sure if i will go thru with it.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Yes, you will need larger injectors and a better fuel pump to keep up with the extra fuel demands needed to compensate for boost