HID Help

GSR Chick

Teggys me ponen mojada <3
Thanks for all the help guys! I think I'm gonna go with the 6k 35w for both of my cars. I just saw the 8ks in person yesterday and they look way too rice for me. Noxus, yours look good on your car. That's kinda what I'm looking for.

GSR Chick

When you guys did your conversions, did you get the metal boxes or the plastic ones?

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
What do you mean? Like the ballasts?

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Diffrence between 6k and 43k is only seen during the rain. Most hid kids ballast housing is plastic.

And nothing I mean nothing going to make out lights look like s2k or any other cars you memtion above without doing a retro.

Retro is taking out old crappy oem projector, for a better one. Sti,tsx,fx,s2k.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
My ballasts are metal? On every set I've ever owned

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
That's not even real stainless steal. Made in China ftl, my kaxien hids were made the sameway one I got now from ddm is black molded plastic as a cover.

Oem s2k ballast are made of metal.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
They're made of aluminum. Im
Just not sure what we're getting at with it being plastic or not. Shouldn't matter..

johnnymass

Best way to get a clean cutoff with minimal hotspots is a retro. I stand by those 1000%. Ive built and run multiple sets with many different types of projectors, and each and every set (even the crappiest set) provides so much more width and intensity than the oem halogen projector.

Also, make sure any ballast you get is somewhat waterproof, metal or plastic it doesnt matter. The ballasts will get wet no matter where you put them, and water is the enemy.

GSR Chick

How are you suppposed to keep your ballasts dry? I can make special casings for them in my Teg, but my engine bay is so small in my new civic, I'm not sure how to keep em dry. Also, where'd you get the projectors to retro fit them? A junk yard?

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
They're in your bay? Do you not use a hood on your car? They will be protected by the case that encloses the ballast and the fact that they're in the engine....

:facepalm:

johnnymass

You can buy projectors from theretrofitsource.com or get luck and find them in the junkyard.

And they don't have to be bone dry but try and find a space under the front bumper or in the wheel well that doesnt get too wet. Buying a ballast that is waterproof makes it much easier

Squigget

Tuck your ballasts somewhere where they won't move around and they'll be fine. Mine is tucked in between my ABS relay and the other one in between the power steering fluid and some other wires. as long as no belts will hit the wires its fine

GSR Chick

My Teg is constantly wet under the hood because of some jackass who backed up over my hood. My lights are always moist because one is cracked so they need to be thoroughly protected until I can get a new one. I'll try my local junk yard and see if they have some projectors. They usually have everything. Haven't failed me yet on parts.