Opinion on headlights

WesleySPK

Hey all, so i'm thinking of buying some new headlights for my teg with my tax return, just wanted to get some opinions on the matter. I don't know too much about the HID and halos, in terms of bang for your buck, or what looks better...But i have a 99 milano red integra, and if it matters, it's pretty stock, no suspension or kits or anything.

At the moment, i have my eye on a pair of halo projecters including signal fog, lamp for 160$ plus 30 for shipping. I don't know what you guys think of fog lights and such, just getting some opinions from some fellow teg owners!

And here's a couple pics if they help at all.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=2725338145381&set=t.1249526656&type=3&theater

Thanks!

WesleySPK

These are the lights i was looking at-http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-01-INTEGRA-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHT-SIGNAL-FOG-LAMP-/200676135906?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AIntegra&vxp=mtr&hash=item2eb93ad3e2

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
a majority of the members here, including myself, will tell you to stay OEM or the headlights you currently have on.

personally, i don't think those halo projectors or whatever look good in any way, but everyone has their opinion.

if you like it, do it for you, not because someone else here says they're awesome or suck. it's your car.

h2kmonst3r

simple is better.
I have been looking into the same thing. Earlier I bought some clear turn signals and a ITR front lip. As for the headlights, I have been looking everywhere for a set fo S2k headlights to do a retrofit, no luck. So I am stuck in between a retrofit and halos. Currently, I have OEM housing with some aftermarket bulbs (forgot the brand but its bright).

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Halo's aren't bad, but they get old after awhile and will start to fog up on the inside. To me, they aren't worth it, but it's your opinion. What's the matter with your headlights now?

WesleySPK

I have been looking into the same thing. Earlier I bought some clear turn signals and a ITR front lip. As for the headlights, I have been looking everywhere for a set fo S2k headlights to do a retrofit, no luck. So I am stuck in between a retrofit and halos. Currently, I have OEM housing with some aftermarket bulbs (forgot the brand but its bright).
Yeah, see i was looking at retrofit as well, but it seems like it's very hard to find S2K ones, and also a task to install them.

WesleySPK

Halo's aren't bad, but they get old after awhile and will start to fog up on the inside. To me, they aren't worth it, but it's your opinion. What's the matter with your headlights now?
Hmm, well my OEM headlights keep fogging up, and i just think a clear lens would look far better than the yellow-ish OEM ones i have now. And the thing is, my lens were fogged up so i cleaned them with a Rain-X kit, and they fogged back up in about a months time, so that was a waste of time.

Ganyon

After you do the rain x or whatever there's a sealer you're suppose to use. I just buff my headlights and it comes out. They have been clear forca year now. I would go with HID's or really good aftermarket bulbs. The halos will eventually stop working.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Hmm, well my OEM headlights keep fogging up, and i just think a clear lens would look far better than the yellow-ish OEM ones i have now. And the thing is, my lens were fogged up so i cleaned them with a Rain-X kit, and they fogged back up in about a months time, so that was a waste of time.
I had the same issue, but after a few weeks, I put some rubbing compond on them after polishing the OEM headlights and they became clear again. Sucks, but looks a lot better if you keep up with them. I had black halo's for a good 2 years though and I liked them, but went back to OEM after awhile. If you do decide to get halo's, make sure you put some silicone around the headlights where they meet the housing so they don't fog up.

johnnymass

Are the headlights fogging up inside the headlight or outside?
If its inside, take them apart to get all the water out and then reseal them with your sealant of choice.

If its the plastic lens, refinish the surface and apply wax as you normally would to your cars paint. Or find a plastic lens sealer at the parts store.

IMO it goes retro>oem>eBay headlights.

johnnymass

The clear plastic lens is sealed. It's what yellows and makes it look bad over time. By sanding the yellow off, you remove that protective layer, hence the quick yellowing after you refinish.
There is a homemade lacquer varnish type stuff someone had made that seems to work very well. There is also some sealer from the parts store. I tried it on my brothers car, and his headlights are holding up okay. No yellowing after a few months.

Or resealing the headlights? Open them, reset the glue by repositioning it in back portion of the housing. Or buy more glue from The retrofit source and stuff more in tr back portion of the housing

01TegLuv

I have a pair of Anzo chrome halos coming in the mail so will be trying them out as well. Generally not a big fan of halos but my housings are old, fog up and point downward. I tried the baking and resealing method but still need new housings, hence the halos. So also interested in opinions on them. do they project light better or straighter and farther out then OEM housings? or the same.. I hate the halo look but just needed cheap new healights.