GsR Or Type R motor

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
They're about the same, but obviously the ITR motor is a little better out of the box, but more expensive as well.
I have a Gs-R

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
oh man, the below basic questions that get asked.. its like stuff better discussed when standing around in conversation rather then a forum topic lol

These type of questions are always too vague and with that you get a basic vague answer provided by OGstackdolla. Mods are ALL about the almighty $. Get which ever of those two motors you like then give me an equal amount of cash and ill find someone to build a faster motor for the same price. This is just an example.

To add, whatever you do in mods to one motor you can generally do to the other motor so the better question to ask is first dependant on what YOU want to do. We have no idea whether you want to crash ur car on the street like a fool, drive it real pretty like on the street, keep it in the garage, take it to the dragstrip, blow your motor, ebay it out, rev on that ferarri next to you, roadrace it or drive it off a mountain.

Last edited:

magik527

Lol ok its like this...i want a gsr, i know the itr puts out more power and is more reliable but im not willing to blow my bank account for it lol, basically what im asking is if i could get both with no problem which would be better to have, which has more potential

dlo253

Well what are the plans for the car, what will it be used for? And what are your goals..?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Now i can respect your thread a little more but i will still say all the discussions in EVERY aspect you can imagine and ones you cant, have been discussed 1000x over. I say this though because it helps to read, reread and rereread info. Trust.

Heres just one example of an answer to your question though. If you have a gsr for example.. u can spend money and make it just like a type r.. usually you will have spent less accomplishing this but you might also have spent the same or more so why not just buy the type r out right especially if you have neither and have the bulk cash to do it.

Neither is more or less reliable then the other. They are both finely tuned engines. Like i mentioned earlier, whatever you do to one you can do the other but with equal types of modifications the gsr will only ever be playing catch up to the type r. Since you dont have the motor yet, choose what your goal is then pick your path. Theres literally a s*** ton of different things you can do. You gotta narrow it down dude. Theres plenty of motors out there that are not type r that whoop the s*** out of one. $$$ Take more time and think about this and do some reading. Look at the build threads and see what others have done.

Last edited:

magik527

This will be my project car..I wanna learn to fix cars but im not goin to school for that until i finish college lol...So i planning to learn a lil of the basics with this car

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
We have no idea whether you want to crash ur car on the street like a fool, drive it real pretty like on the street, keep it in the garage, take it to the dragstrip, blow your motor, ebay it out, rev on that ferarri next to you, roadrace it or drive it off a mountain.
You have to answer dlo's question though. We cant tell you what to do or what you want to do.. we can only point you in the direction.

Goals goals goals gooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal.

j13

Keep It Clean
I never knew the ITR was a hybrid...I always thought they had engines under the good, not an electric motor.

Kyle

Why not get a B18C1, get a good race header, PWJDM whale penis intake, ITR/CTR cams and play with the C/R some with a thinner head gasket and have a professional tune done? B series all motor builds can be expensive just ask Jake or Mitch. Better off saving for boost or a H/K swap into a lighter chassis. Just keep it simple.