motor oil roll call

Luisraul924

I hope I get lots and lots of responses for this one! So... I'm sure most if not all of y'alls engines are considered high mileage so what kind of motor oil do you guys use for the B18A1? I'm about to do some maintenance work this weekend and I wanted to see what experienced Teggy owners run in their machines.

Luisraul924

Oh and what is the deal with peeps going up a winter rating when the engine has accumalated high miles?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Question like this will get dozens of answers. I ran castrol high mileage a few times but mostly stuck to regular 5w-30. Now im using honda synth blend 5w-30. 180k miles

Luisraul924

Why?! Opps sorry 5w30 lol. And synthetic makes my car burn more. So i switched back. Burn 1/2 quart every 3000.
Because I started seeing a trend in people saying Mobil1 and I had completely forgotten about their 5000 series of oils and so when you put 5000 I though you were joking lmao I had a complete retard moment there lol

Luisraul924

Question like this will get dozens of answers. I ran castrol high mileage a few times but mostly stuck to regular 5w-30. Now im using honda synth blend 5w-30. 180k miles
Dang bro you like s***ting on everyone's parade don't you? lol jk thanks for the straight up answer though. Is the Honda motor oil only available at dealerships?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Yea im that dark cloud that follows you. lol Ive just always seen different answers when it comes to motor oil. Bottom line is most of them do a good job. High mileage only suggests the condition the motor might be in but each motor will be in different shape. I havent come to a conclusion on whether to use high mileage oil or not but as you can see ive stopped using it. haha

Ive never seen honda oil sold in stores so ive just continued to pick it up from the dealers. I started using the synth blend cuz apparently thats what honda is changing people over too. Went to buy oil for a oil change and thats what they gave me. He said theyre even using it on high mileage cars and thats what they used when i had them change my oil last too. They know how many miles i have. But as far as i know my motor is in pretty good health.

If you buy from a dealer make sure you find one that only charges $5 or less. The dealer a few minutes from me wants $7 per bottle. I go somewhere else where its under $5.

da9 b20 beast

this is the honest truth lol ive sen countless threads about what kind of oil people run and there is a huge variety between people lol....i used to run castrol 10w-40 on my old b18 had like 175k on it before i swapped it out ....

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I run a 5w-30 Mobil 1 5000
its cheap, it was the first oil i put in my motor after its rebuild. i havent used anything since.