Samurai Blue's Integra Build

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Ayaka vs. DJ at Raceline USA Round 4 at Buttonwillow Raceway Park on Sunday, August 26th.

Get ready! :drive:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Ayaka vs. DJ at Raceline USA Round 4 at Buttonwillow Raceway Park on Sunday, August 26th.

Get ready! :drive:
im confused matt...who is Lana? You captioned your car as Lana the other day and i thought it was DJ. Either way its a better name than the DC2, that one had a stripper name IMO

Definitely let me know, I haz interest
i can let you know.

goofygamer

Nice pick up. How does having lsd compare to your gsr tranny? Oh and why did you use the amsoil synchromesh and a honda mtf?

What shell are you guys looking to sell and for how much? My buddy is looking to purchase one asap if the price is right and its not stripped to bits.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Nice pick up. How does having lsd compare to your gsr tranny? Oh and why did you use the amsoil synchromesh and a honda mtf?

What shell are you guys looking to sell and for how much? My buddy is looking to purchase one asap if the price is right and its not stripped to bits.
its up in the air, it would be a complete running RS if we decide to sell it. We might keep it. But its a GSR transmission with LSD. it feels the same unless you drive it hard. And i always use syncromesh and honda fluid in every transmission i have

goofygamer

Oh, so why did you end up getting the new tranny if it feels the same? He's looking for an integra shell right now so he could swap his motor in. So do you do half syncro and half honda? Any benefits from it? I'm asking because I just usually do full synchromesh.

Oh! and what's your input on using engine oil for your transmission? A lot of the ghetto asian racers here uses it and keeps telling me its the same. I don't listen at all, but I just wanted to see if you have any real insights to it? haha

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Oh, so why did you end up getting the new tranny if it feels the same? He's looking for an integra shell right now so he could swap his motor in. So do you do half syncro and half honda? Any benefits from it? I'm asking because I just usually do full synchromesh.

Oh! and what's your input on using engine oil for your transmission? A lot of the ghetto asian racers here uses it and keeps telling me its the same. I don't listen at all, but I just wanted to see if you have any real insights to it? haha
Its the same when you drive normal. You can tell a difference when you drive hard. Its a completly different feeling. I cant explain...anyone who has driven an open diff and a LSD transmission can tell you its night and day but they both have pros and cons. Elton told me with an open diff you can brake later but with lsd from my fist impressions the car grips 100% better through a corner it just keeps it tight and nice.

I used 10w40 oil in a tranny when i didnt have money. Its fine, i prefer syncromesh and honda fluid because i dont know the ware on the tranny and it makes it shift a tad better. I use 1qt syncromesh and the rest tranny fluid

I f***ed up on IG yesterday. Getting my girls mixed up. :mrgreen:

DJ - DC4
Lana - FG3
:mrgreen:

goofygamer

Its the same when you drive normal. You can tell a difference when you drive hard. Its a completly different feeling. I cant explain...anyone who has driven an open diff and a LSD transmission can tell you its night and day but they both have pros and cons. Elton told me with an open diff you can brake later but with lsd from my fist impressions the car grips 100% better through a corner it just keeps it tight and nice.

I used 10w40 oil in a tranny when i didnt have money. Its fine, i prefer syncromesh and honda fluid because i dont know the ware on the tranny and it makes it shift a tad better. I use 1qt syncromesh and the rest tranny fluid
Sweet. I didn't know LSD trans and open diff were that different. Since you track a lot, the lsd trans would benefit you a lot more than the open diff. Ok, so I guess motor oil is fine in a tranny. Thanks for the info!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i would use synthetic since there isnt an oil cooler for the transmission. I would probably stick to Honda or some other gear lube. They are made to take a beating.

LSD vs open diff for me is a night and day thing. more power to the ground, more traction, feels the same, the diff doesnt do weird things when i let off the gas (like other ones i think non helecial) very pelased with it

goofygamer

I guess even Quaife can't duplicate a real lsd thats been R&D from the original lol. That's good to hear that your purchase wasn't for nothing. Is it true that it's not good to DD a gsr with an itr transmission? Something about the gsr motor isn't made for the short gearing of the itr, especially when you drive long distances on the freeway.

I don't think I'll just stick to transmission fluid for my transmission. I just feel that transmission fluid is made to last longer inside the casing than motor oil.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
its fine to run with a b16 tranny in a gsr. its fine with a itr tranny with the 4.7 too.Quife can replicate what the oem LSD does. I was speaking in terms of a 2 way KAZZ or diff where its more agressive than a oem diff that was made for street and track where the aftermarket ones come in different things. I think the OEM is 1.5 way and other companies sell 1.5 or 2 way LSDs

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Just realized how much Ayaka dwarfs DJ.

Ayaka:
Mildly built B18C1
LSD
R-compouhds

DJ:
JDM B20B
Open diff
Street tires

Samurai_Blue