Smackinassvtec's 98 GSR

Smackinassvtec

Whats up ClubIntegra! My names Sammy. I'm from Sacramento, CA. I picked up my Integra around the end of June 2011. This is my second car. My first car was a 2004 Acura RSX Type-S. Sold my RSX Type-S due to financial issue. I kind of regret it but sometimes I don't. Either way I love my Integra GSR and I'm happy with how much I got it for. I don't ever want to sell it. My Integra was completely bone stock when I first bought it. Stock height, stock intake, stock header, stock everything, even had the stock wing and LS MESH wheels that came with the car. My current mods are listed below with current up to date pictures. I will try to keep everything updated as much as possible. Hope you guys enjoy going through my build thread.

1998 Acura Integra GSR (CURRENT MODS)

Engine:
B18C1 GSR
USDM ITR 4.4 FD LSD Transmission
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch Kit
Fidanza 7.5lb Flywheel
3" Short Ram Intake
3" Blox Velocity Stack with Blox filter
PLM TA 4-2-1
70MM Skunk2 Pro Series Throttle Body
Greddy SP2 Full Exhaust System
PLM Test Pipe
Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Manifold (second gen)
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator
B&M Fuel Pressure Gauge
NGK G Power Spark Plugs
Accel 8mm Spark Plug Wires

Exterior:
JDM Integra Type R Front End Conversion
JDM Integra Type R Front Lip
JDM Integra Type R Optional Intersecion Lights
EDM/UKDM Integra Type R Tail Lights
Rays Anodized Black Duralumin 35mm Lug Nuts
Integra Type R Wing
Rear Windshield Wiper Delete

Suspension:
USDM Integra Type R 32mm 5 Lug Conversion
TEIN Basis Coilovers
Beaks Rear Lower Tie Bar Polished
JDM Civic Type R 5 Lug Wheels
205/50/15 Falken Azenis RT615 Tires

Interior:
USDM Integra Type R Front Seats / JDM ITR Red Recaro SRD
USDM Integra Type R Rear Seats
USDM Integra Type R Door Panels
USDM Integra Type R Floor Mats
USDM Integra Type R Cluster
USDM Integra Type R Amber Clock
USDM Integra Type R Climate Control
USDM Integra Type R Ash Tray/Cigarette Lighter/Cup Holder
USDM Integra Type R Shift Knob
USDM Integra Type R Shift Boot
USDM Integra Type R Arm Rest
USDM Integra Type R Air Vent
JDM Integra Type R Window Switch
JVC KD-R200 Deck

My very first mod was removing the stock LS MESH wheels and installing these 15" Bronze Rota Circuit 8. I also removed the rear stock wing.
This is the only picture I have of my car looking as close to stock as possible.
7/2/11

Couple days later, bought 6000K HID kit.
7/7/11

Quick photo shoot.
7/10/11

At some point, bought an ITR replica lip and bought Tokico Blue shocks w/ Ground Controls and lowered it. Removed the rear windshield wiper and plugged it. Also got rid of the 15" Bronze Rota Circuit 8 and got 16" Bronze Rota Circuit 10.
8/21/11

Got some new wheels again. 5Zigen ProRacer GN+ 16x7.
10/17/11

Traded the 5Zigen ProRacer GN+ for BuddyClub P1 Racing 15x6.5
These are my favorite rims so far.
12/17/11

Some photo shoots from February and March of 2012.
Last photoshoot before I install my JDM ITR front end.

Picked up a complete JDM Integra Type R front end from Nor Cal Auto Stylez in Fremont, CA.
3/10/12

Got everything ready and lined up for my welder. After his day off he's finally here to help me weld on the radiator support. Can't wait for the turn out!
3/11/12

Finish!

Got my Integra Type R wing! Plus more photo shoot with the JDM Integra Type R front end conversion! My car is going to the paint shop pretty soon to get the front end painted.

Got my JDM ITR front end painted.
5/18/12

How my car sit as of today!
6/12/2013

Last edited:

Smackinassvtec

Really Nice!

We got the same exhaust.
Yeah.. dont really like the exhaust tho, its too loud and deep... I want something quiet like Apexi WS2 or Greddy SP2. I need the power though

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
:like: Yeah, the progress is good. Are those side fog lights on your front bumper?

tbrazzy-s3

Soo, what happened to the TL? I don't know too many guys who have gone from a TL to an Integra, I'm just curious. Nice work on the car though. Keep it up.

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Soo, what happened to the TL? I don't know too many guys who have gone from a TL to an Integra, I'm just curious. Nice work on the car though. Keep it up.
What TL? Do you mean the RSX Type S?

Yeah, they are called intersection lights.
Basically, they stay on solid when you use your turn signals and off when you're not signaling. Learned something new today, thanks.

Smackinassvtec

It was a 2004 RSX Type S that I got rid of. Had bills to pay so I had to sell it. I got my Integra for a steal so I'm happy with what I have and I love my Integra right now. Put so much work into my car don't know if I will ever sell it, unless its for like a ridiculous expensive price haha

And for the fogs on the bumper, they are called intersection lights. They only turn on when the blinker is on so you can see the curb while turning at a intersection. But I don't have mine wired up at the moment

916DC4

Clean car! I thought it looked familiar especially with the intersection lights and then I scroll down a bit and I see a post about Sacramento raceway. I probably seen you or some other Integra that looks dead on like yours rollin around town.

Smackinassvtec

Dyno tuned my car yesterday 9/6/12

First pull with a chipped Comptech ECU got 162whp 121trq

After the dyno tune, got 173whp 126trq

Mods are:

Full Greddy EVO2 exhaust system
PLM TA header 4-2-1
PLM test pipe
Skunk2 Intake Manifold (2nd gen)
Hondata IM gasket
ITR throttle body
AEM short ram intake with Blox Velocity stack