2012 ROTY Competition Discussion

ZaWn

Yeah I agree, it should count since it is part of the interior. I wasn't discrediting it. Since you bring up dylan lets use him as the example. I have personally seen the inside of his car, and it doesn't look nearly as show worthy as it does in the pics. Which is fine, the whole point of pics is to make your car look good. But I think his rear strut bar is what sells it big time, because the rest of it is just basic track car, still has left over tar gunk from the sound deadening and such. Still a nice interior for a track car dont get me wrong, and I like the guy, he is chill as hell, but it isn't a "crispy" interior. Certain cars have certain advantages in certain categories, thats how its always going to be, which is fine. I like the idea of mixing styles and purposes.

Also, I agree with 8urcivic. I have been trying to not vote for my friends. Some categories I did, but I think the majority of my votes, including best overall and best NA, went to people I do not know. I also agree zawn has one of the better suspension set ups, however I voted for Matts, simply because I have sat in both Matts and Zawns at the track and I just preferred how Matts felt. It may have been how they both adjusted the dampers, or how he loaded his suspension, but I just liked how his felt better. I do agree that hers deserves to get a of of votes though.
Thanks Nick. And yes, me and Matt may have the same car but we both have different suspension set-ups to suit our driving styles.
Plus, I DD the crosser too. XD

-Z-

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Theres misinterpretation going on in here leading to defensive responses. Analyze and comprehend whats being said more carefully guys. Its not that serious.

ROTY is not that serious... Lets talk about what we do like. Ive always like bkrshirs sedan. Among the cleanest sedans here. All he's missing is a motor. I voted for him once during rotm solely because of his valve cover setup but of course if the rest of the car didnt look good that wouldnt have done it.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Theres misinterpretation going on in here leading to defensive responses. Analyze and comprehend whats being said more carefully guys. Its not that serious.

ROTY is not that serious... Lets talk about what we do like. Ive always like bkrshirs sedan. Among the cleanest sedans here. All he's missing is a motor. I voted for him once during rotm solely because of his valve cover setup but of course if the rest of the car didnt look good that wouldnt have done it.
It's not even that Tom, joe found it offensive because we're putting names out there. I think it's disrespectful to go and nit pick little details on a car and say pictures are misleading. It would be analytical if it was worded differently. It's like if I went up to someone's car and started checking if people had real parts or not. And, obviously if someone is going to start saying stuff about me then...I'm not going to be found sleeping on the light.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Pictures can be and are misleading. Im always a first to admit that in all my photos. Only some of us (joe/peara) can have cars that match the photos. lol Im naming them cus ive seen joes car and i know pearas. Joking aside it is unnecessary to nitpick these details for something that supposed to be fun for members. Using you as an example included. Pictures are MEANT to look good whether you decide to portray them that way is up to the person submitting. Pictures are usually what makes us go ooh and ahh. Nick wasnt saying anything disrepectful but i know how it can seem that, the internet is like this. Interpretation. I know because he actually likes your car a lot, we were talking about it on the drive home from button. Again youre right.. guys we dont need to talk about this small detail. ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS. lol

Nick_C78

I am sorry that it came off disrespectful. I was not dissing your car at all dylan. I like your car, and the strut bar. You have far more done to yours than and I do believe it does deserve more votes than mine. I am not even complaining about getting votes lol. I even said in my application that my car has issues and that I only entered because I was told to. I was only pointing out dylan because someone else did. I am saying your interior is nice, for a track car, but even for how nice yours is it is going to be hard to compete against a clean hardparker with a nice system, lighting, jdm interior, etc. I only brought it up because someone complained about a "track bias" category and suggested a hardparker category. I was merely pointing out that most of the other categories can be argued to be hardparker bias. Really sorry. I honestly wasn't calling your car out or saying it didn't deserve votes. You know my style is all about track and function over fashion.

As for joe, I do not want you to get the wrong idea. I am not complaining that I am not getting votes, or anything of that nature. I am just saying that yeah, sometimes this can be a popularity contest, which is fine. Afterall it is just a forum vote for shiggles. Again, I do not think my car deserves any votes to be honest. The exterior is rugged and the interior is..well you know. And we all know about my cars smoking issue, I even put that in my thread. Stupid machine shops... I wasn't even going to enter mine, despite all of the work that has gone in to it, simply because of my piston to wall clearance issue.

And yes pat, it does run. Smartass lol. It just smokes a lot of bit >_>

I understand why some of you got upset and I am sorry.

Swerve

Shawn
Mine are misleading as hell but ill tell you guys how after voting ;) im just stoked that i got a vote, how do i see who it was?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Not defensive, confused on how an engine that won't drive can compete for best n/a build if I remember correctly, and how that's any more acceptable than Dai Lon using good photos, if we're being honest with ourselves

dlo253

Mine are misleading as hell but ill tell you guys how after voting ;) im just stoked that i got a vote, how do i see who it was?
Right? Anything is better than nothing lol. Just click on the number of votes and it will pop up.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
It does run though. It just looks like a locomotive if youre driving behind him. :rolf: A lot of people entered knowing they arent really competing. Thats part of 'for fun'. Only reason mine is up is participation factor cus dylan said and made a good point.

Nick_C78

Not defensive, confused on how an engine that won't drive can compete for best n/a build if I remember correctly, and how that's any more acceptable than Dai Lon using good photos, if we're being honest with ourselves
It does drive. I drive it every day. And it runs solid as hell. Runs well enough to beat you at BW too by the way <3. Also I entered it in best NA, because it is NA, and it put down decent power, even with its issues. It just smokes. Also to be fair I had a disclaimer in my application, so I wasn't trying to hide anything.

Don't really want this to escalate. I apologized. Wasn't saying dylan doesn't deserve to win. All I was saying is that people use pics to hide flaws. People take angled pics to make the car look better than it is, which again is perfectly fine, everyone does it. It wasn't right for me to single him out, but someone else brought him up, I just ran with it. And I am sorry about that.

Last edited:

Swerve

Shawn
It does run though. It just looks like a locomotive if youre driving behind him. :rolf: A lot of people entered knowing they arent really competing. Thats part of 'for fun'. Only reason mine is up is participation factor cus dylan said and made a good point.
Yea Im just in it for fun. I havent gotten on the freeway or gone into 5th gear on mine and i still stall at stoplights and shit but I like that I can showcase my car.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Spirit of competiton!

Bad rings, you auto fail the na category. lol

How have you not gone into 5th gear? You should be in 5th gear between lights and pretty much anywhere. Unless all youre driving is residentials from stop sign to stop sign.. youre driving wrong. :mrgreen:

Swerve

Shawn
Nah I live pretty far out into the sticks haha i dont go much past 50 and thats only on straight aways. I just really havent gone anywhere where i need to get on the freeway or a main road yet