Tree's DC4

treeafodo

Austin
What alignment specs?
Just OEM specs

Wow i havent seen your car in a long time haha.

Sent from my phone
Tell me about it. No more monies to play with. Gotta be an adult and take care of priorities.

I meant by in class. I won't do alignments till second year suspension I believe. I already had my car aligned last semester which helped it a lot, but I think the roads destroyed it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Makes sense. Every car should be aligned after winter in my opinion.

randomhobo

automagic user
Just looked at the pic of the scale results again, I'd defiantly do a battery relocation to the right rear, it'd balance the whole chassis a bit more (though I doubt it would be noticeable on street driving it's the thought that counts lol).

treeafodo

Austin
I'd have to buy a new battery to relocate it. There's no way I'm putting a conventional battery in the cabin. Lol

treeafodo

Austin
OK, so the build will start picking back up again. I have an appointment with the body shop tomorrow about the front end/wing. As well as I will be lowering it shortly. A kid in my program has 5 lug white Itr wheels in storage that he wants to trade for my Fat 5s plus rear brake set up. So if everything works out I will order my coilovers as soon as my tax return gets here, then I'll trade him wheels and I'll be able to swap the 5 lug in and get some Moar low!

97DCJoe

I just went from page 1 to page 52, You're build is inspiring! Time to get to work on my teg! ;)
Subbed ! keep up the good work!

treeafodo

Austin
I just went from page 1 to page 52, You're build is inspiring! Time to get to work on my teg! ;)
Subbed ! keep up the good work!
Thanks a lot, Joe! Comments like that really make it easier to keep going. I'm glad my car can inspire someone. Good luck with your build!

treeafodo

Austin
Well I went to the body shop. The car is booked in for April 15th for the wing to be painted and installed. Unfortunately they, legally, cannot do the front end. I have to either go to a lower end shop or sell it because I don't want to do it myself. I'll more than likely sell it or trade it for a 98+ set up. I am planning on ordering my coilovers next Friday.
Once the coilovers arrive I just need to wait for my class mate to get me the ITR wheels we agreed on trading for my fat 5s and rear brakes (he's swapping it into his civic) . Then I can lower her and 5 lug swap it.

Last edited:

97DCJoe

It's illegal for the JDM front...that sucks, a more low end shop will do it, Just don't get screwed over, lol
Hope it all goes well man!

treeafodo

Austin
The front end isn't illegal, it's the method of installing it. He said something along the lines of if you have to replace the rad support it has to be done structurally. He recommended a shop to do it saying they did good work, so I'll go there for a quote.